what length con rods are you running with your vitara pistons?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
some people are running custom length rods to bring the piston to stock height while others are running standard length rods. will that difference have a huge impact for a daily driver?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I have eagle rods now on my new build had to notch the block and the cradle I believe

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yes look up my build in build section. I blew up last motor due to oil problem is my guess. The reason for oil problem unknown. I did have fj kit on last build. They are oem style in that their was no need for notching. I don't know who else sells custom length rods for vitara pistons for our d series. I chose eagle because their is lots of proof out there on the quality of their product along with success in this combination.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
Yes look up my build in build section. I blew up last motor due to oil problem is my guess. The reason for oil problem unknown. I did have fj kit on last build. They are oem style in that their was no need for notching. I don't know who else sells custom length rods for vitara pistons for our d series. I chose eagle because their is lots of proof out there on the quality of their product along with success in this combination.
I checked FJ but they are no longer in business. Well I am having my rods custom made now and will be ready in 35 days, so i have time to get my other parts for my build.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yea ment to put down that they closed someone stole abunch of their stuff and they shut down. It sucks but good luck with rods.

Trekk

Registered VIP
I see on rcautoworks they offer a piston & rod kit for $425 that they say will put you at 9.1 to 1.

Seems like a fair price for everything minus bearings.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The I beam FJ rods were custom length, they were longer to increase compression to a more tolerable level. Stock length rods with Vitaras would sit your around 7.2:1 (don't quote me but it was dumb low).

FJ rods are 139mm
stock d16 rods are 137mm

Vitara dish is 15.3cc

then figure which HG, milling etc

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for anyone that doesnt know fj is making a comeback, he is not opening a shop but he is going to have the rods manufactured and distributed by a friends shop, so custom length rods will be available in the near future oh and p2p0 sells custom length also

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe he was the only one who had an affordable custom length rod for the D series.

Many people just use the STD length Eagle rod though

sleeper si

Registered VIP
for anyone that doesnt know fj is making a comeback, he is not opening a shop but he is going to have the rods manufactured and distributed by a friends shop, so custom length rods will be available in the near future oh and p2p0 sells custom length also
well it seems tha fj is taking a bit of time to get up and running again. Also i am pressed for time so I am going to have them made here locally to my specs in both I and H flavours, was thinking of get X beams made too for the hell of it.:lol:

sleeper si

Registered VIP
okay i had a few members asking me about the weight for the rods,
here you can see just one rod weighs approx 490 grams and the 2 rod bolts weigh 52 grams, so the total weight for the rod and bolts is 541 grams.