What light bulb number is this in the gauge cluster?

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, there's still one light bulb I can't find the number for. I've tried honda automotive parts, the service manual, sylvania look up. Can't find the last bulb number.

Ok, the little 1.4w bulbs are #74
The four 3w bulbs are #194
But what is the 3.4w light near the middle?

BrownGuy

Not sure what the bulb size is for the middle bulb but I'm sure a 194 size bulb should work. I figure since the other four 3w bulbs are 194, the 3.4w middle bulb should be about the same size.

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it's not. I physically took that big bulb out and it's about twice the size of a 194. For sure that one is not a 194.

Anybody else know?

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
194 for gauge cluster, there are 5 there...................in climate control 97.

IT DEFIENTLY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where are you guys getting your information? Have you actually opened up your own cluster and pulled that particular bulb out? I took out my gauge cluster and the bulb in the 3.4W spot is bigger than the 194 bulbs (3W). IS BIGGER. So unless 194's magically grow when put into this socket, I need the actual bulb number.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a ? only some of my rpm and mph gauge light up like 0-4k doesnt light up and 0-40mph either

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread jacker.

You got burnt out bulbs. Replace em with 194's (see the pic I posted above). If that doesn't work, then you got broken traces on your gauge clusters circuit board; which means you'll have to get a who new gauge cluster.

Now get outta here.

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back from the dead.

Wow... I just got a hold of a 194 bulb and it turns out the big 3.4W bulb is a 194... BUT all the 3W are SMALLER than a 194 but BIGGER than a 74. So anyone know what these 3W medium size bulbs are?

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double resurrection.

Ok, so here's what I've found:
- the one 3.4W big bulb is a 194 wedge
- the four3W bulbs are probably #24's, but you can't find those anywhere and especially not in LED replacements
- the 1.4W bulbs are #74

Interestingly, since the 24's are sockets, you can probably still fit a 74 into the 24 sockets and that would work, according to superlumination.com.

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn no edit button, oh yeah to get the 24's click on the 74 link and down the page it'll say 74's too small? 194's too big? and it lists the 24's just get the Incandescent...