what next please?

civickid94

Here's a picture of my car. It looks fairly stock to me, and I want to give it a clean, sporty look, what would you guys suggest I do next? lowering? badgeless grill, different headlights? What do you guys think? And I'm not interested in halo's or body kits or anything like that, I want to keep it clean or 'jdm' for lack of a better term. Thanks!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd lower it and remove the taillight tint.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would say tint, and lower and maybe different rims. Also remember its YOUR car do what you like and makes you happy because in the end your the one driving it and looking at it everyday

dsprimal

Banned
mesh grille, CTR lights, fog lights, HID bulbs. remove tail light tint/spoiler tint. new rims low pro tires. slam it. call it a day!

civickid94

I Love the taillight tint so I'm not going to remove that, but civic21911 did you mean window tint? I'm definitely leaning towards lowering anyway, just looking for peoples opinions on what would look good, I know i can do whatever I want with it =) And yeah, different rims for sure, those are the stock HX rims and I painted them. Do you think 15in wheels with a slightly lower profile tire would look good, or 16s or just 14s with lower profile? I never can decide what wheels would look good

civickid94

ctr lights are the black housing ones, correct? and do you think 8k hids, or 10k, or just 6. and seems for the most part you guys are on the same page as me with the mesh grille/fogs/hids i've already got all that stuff bookmarked, just waiting for the next paycheck ;) ... may I ask why nobody seems to appreciate tinted tails/spoiler?

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can always stick with the wheels you have now and save up for that suspension upgrade. I have 15's and they look good on a car that is lowered.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Window tint as in tinting the windows to be darker here is my build thread you will see I have 15% tint also the mesh grill fogs black housing headlights 6000K in the low beams and 3000k in the fogs

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
I'm a fan of the tail tint. We'll be buddies. ;) I add for window tint, and if you're going to be swapping wheels and tires, I wouldn't try lo-pros on 14's, maybe on 15's, but only if you lower it in conjunction.
Also, I might try out headlight eyelids. They look a little silly on some cars, but they may add to the effect of the tinted tails.

civickid94

is window tint something that is much better done at a shop or can i do it myself with relative ease? I've read tutorials on how to do it, and is ebay tint sufficient and if not can someone point me in the right direction of some quality tint? Thanks. and also I was thinking 35% front windows, 20% everywhere else? Also not really a fan of painted trim!

steve.21

I would have a shop do the tint. Find one with a lifetime warrantee. And I have the 35 front 20 back and love it.
I also say the blackout headlights.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definetly take it to a shop with a warrenty like here in MD it was $150 for 15% all the way around and a life time warrenty against ripping turning purple bubbles and any other defects

dsprimal

Banned
ctr lights are the black housing ones, correct? and do you think 8k hids, or 10k, or just 6. and seems for the most part you guys are on the same page as me with the mesh grille/fogs/hids i've already got all that stuff bookmarked, just waiting for the next paycheck ;) ... may I ask why nobody seems to appreciate tinted tails/spoiler?
i got 8k hids, still has good visibility witha very very faint shine of blue. 10k if you want BLUE. all for looks obviously :D choose what you want. but i prefer 8k.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
100 spoke daytons, hydrolics and mirror tint, one word, stunning

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personal preference would be to have a black front lip to go along with the rest of the trim.

maybe paint the headlight housing darker or something to blend those in

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
100 spoke daytons, hydrolics and mirror tint, one word, stunning
Airbrushed mural on the hood of smile now cry later faces, with a Mayan guy in front of them holding a half naked passed out Mexican girl and a sword, standing on a dead tiger, with two cholos in the background posing. Straight thug.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of tail tint myself, but to each their own. If you like it, keep it!
I have 8k HIDS, and I'm considering going with 6k (I also have a shitty brand. Given to me for free by a buddy who owns a shop). They're SUPER bright.

My suggestions for your car: CTR black housing headlights, some fogs, CTR grill, paint match door handles and molding/sideskirts, drop it to taste, tint (here in CA, it's illegal, but I'm going dark in the front, full limo in the rear. f**k IT haha), and it'd look good! :D