What oil filter are you guys using?

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oops I didn't search.
Just wondered. Honda OEM, Fram, something else? Any reason to use one over another? Looking for real testimonials here lol. I'm thinking of switching to those ones you get Hamp or whatever, forget what they're called.
B

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Use anything but fram. i think thats the best response :thumbs up

oh and hamp is just a overpriced filter for the japanese domestic market, its the cheaper alternative to the oem one over there. stands for honda aftermarket parts.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Use anything but fram. i think thats the best response :thumbs up

oh and hamp is just a overpriced filter for the japanese domestic market, its the cheaper alternative to the oem one over there. stands for honda aftermarket parts.
I heard somewhere that Fram makes the Honda OEM filters. The HAMP filter is better than the OEM filter isn't it?
B

pinoyem1

Honda Fanatic
5+ Year Member
oops I didn't search.
Just wondered. Honda OEM, Fram, something else? Any reason to use one over another? Looking for real testimonials here lol. I'm thinking of switching to those ones you get Hamp or whatever, forget what they're called.
B
I've been using Mobil 1 filter for both my civics. My dad has used fram in the past and has had no problems with them. I've never used them but I've been hearing and reading a lot about how bad their filters are. IMHO, if you maintain your car's required oil change interval, you should be fine with any filter.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use oem for the ep3 and k&n filter for my eg

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just to report back- I've used only Honda blue OEM since new, so that's about 12 oil changes. Only issues is when you remove the filter, you spill it on the driveshaft. Otherwise it's great!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's also a pain in the but to get to the filter. I just put a Purolater in my car, seems to work fine.

L.D.Forget

WIX. You cant say anything but fram, because a LOT of the filters out there are just rebranded frams. You have to make sure what your buying.

95coupeEX

I run WIX fitlers also in both my B20 swapped eg and my wifes 07 Cobalt and I've never had a problem with them. Not saying I wouldn't use OEM Honda or anything else but I work at a parts store and get a good discount on these WIX filters so, only one I wouldn't use is like the cheapo's or "house" brand filters, like the ones you get with those "12.99 full oil change" deals at O'reillys or whatever.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM Honda has the same internals as FRAM... JUNK... I use Purolator (sp) and have seen some reviews on the internals and length of the internal filter and seems to be comparable to all but Fram or sub fram filters with shorter filter (less filtration) and cardboard ends...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bit of information. There aren't very many manufacturers of filter brands.

Champion makes Bosch, Mobile 1, K&N, AC Delco, STP.

Wix/Dana also makes Napa brand filters.

Honeywell makes all Fram types as well as some Quaker State and all US Honda OEM filters.

Purolator also makes some Bosch, some Quaker State, and Motorcraft.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does autozone sell the honeywell OEM filters? I'd like to use them the next oil change.

94civicd16z61

Amsoil nano filter.
ok so i did a google search on amsoil nano filter and amsoil nano oild filter and all i found was injen air filters. but anyways i use an oem honda oil filter and no problems. also i use amsoil oil and tranny fliuid, engine idles better with the amsoil in it and tranny shifts better with the amsoil in it. previously used valvoline and honda mtf. anyways oil filter and oil companies etc. are all monopolized as lethal6 said greatly, so who knows.. i figure a honda car, honda products are a safe bet =)