what on should i paint ( pics inside )

Lx Civic

that came out nice. i like it i cant wait to see how mines comes out.

Lx Civic

i changed to the flat paint i used Duplic-Color vinyl & fabric paint.

before

after

hands down im going with the flat

jerseyhonda

Lx I'd suggest taking the dash out before, it was hard for me to get an even coat on it while it was in the car. I'm looking into how to properly wrap headlinerr and pillars so its a project(:

jerseyhonda

If your talking to me then no, I painted it Orange and I'm going to continue the theme throughout. I plan on a black and Orange paint job soon so that's basically my plan. Might be "too much" but I like it haha

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, I also want to paint my interior black so this is actually really helpful. Figured I'd order some of the SEM paint since hear it works best. How man cans did you have to order for the entire dash and center console and what procedure did u go through? Did u sand, or clean anything a certain way?

jerseyhonda

For the Orange I ended up using a can fully. for the black, I used two cans for the dash, center dash, and center console. I'd suggest have three cans on hand if you plan on doing everything. I didn't sand, was told the paint I used (krylon) wouldn't chip but I added a good three coats of clear to protect from fading and sun. and like I said before you can do dash while in the car, but its a pain in the a**. Good luck(:

jerseyhonda

Ky bad forgot to add. Basically all I did was add a thin coat at a time every 20-30 minutes to ensure it wouldn't run. Add as many coats until you get the desired look. If you plan on using any color, do even thinner coats at a time. I ran into a few problems were the coat would he a tad to thick and it would blot up and look bad. I also suggest taking vents, and everything that is easily detectable and paint separate.

RUXcited

Lead foot.
Looking good, I also want to paint my interior black so this is actually really helpful. Figured I'd order some of the SEM paint since hear it works best. How man cans did you have to order for the entire dash and center console and what procedure did u go through? Did u sand, or clean anything a certain way?
Take everything out of your car, Take each panel apart as much as possible, throw it in the bath tub and wash it with normal dish soap, hot water and a sponge with the scour pad on one side. Wash the piss out of it, and rinse it good. Let dry. then spray. Vinyl paint, which i wouldnt use, I would go with a dye, which you can probably pick up at your local autobody store, has chemicals in it to help it adhere. there is no real need to sand. But its got to be clean. Years of body grease, food grease, armorall, smoking all that, sits on the plastic. If you dont get it off the new color will always peel. Prep work is the only way to get a good look.

And JMO, i would ditch the orange for something more factory. I did that to may dash in 1996, litterally, and after a year or 2 it looked like dookie and I couldnt get it off. But thats just my 2 cents from an experienced point.

Good luck.

jerseyhonda

I don't know what you did different but my neighbor did it the same way I did with all color in his Honda and its been in mint condition for 3 years now. No chips or fading. If you are indeed right, I guess ill just have to deal with it but for the mean time I'm happy how it came out =)

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright thanks guys, thinkin I might go with that SEM stuff and some adhesion promoter then just do what u guys said. Course none of this is happening till summer cuz of school, I got a torn apart b18c1 block in the garage I still need to put back together lol. Just trying to get ideas for when I have time.

Oh and jersey great job looks really clean bro :thumbs up

Lx Civic

i used some crazy brand of spray paint that they sell at my local hardware store it called pacoa its not the best but it got the job done

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Did mine a few months ago, Most of the blue is black now. I used duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint for the first coats and topped it with krylon paint for plastics

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used some crazy brand of spray paint that they sell at my local hardware store it called pacoa its not the best but it got the job done
:word: lol nice, follow up in a couple months... i wanna see if it lasts...i may just sem paint mine black