What percent tint?

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1995hondacivic said:
i hate tints cause around here that means you have a system and it will get robed
lame excuse

ikillradio

I live in CA where it is illegal to have any on the front side windows.
i have 5% around the back and 35% on the front.
it's still dark enough (35%) and it's dark enough that I should have gotten a ticket in CA for it,
but my mom drives my car a lot and rolls around with the windows up so.

Check out local laws
and then push them just a little
:D

ikillradio

786mine said:
I saw the red civic with 35% front and 20% back, that looked nice. what do you guys say, get limo all over and take the risk or stick with the law and get 35%/20%?

you know, the thing that annoys me the most is that when i am at a stop light, people on my left or right, turn their head and look into my car. i am like, what the f**k? i want a dark tint so that they can't see! i know you guys understand what i am talking about.
I HATE that,
but with 35% in the front
esp at night,
they see just enough of a shadow
to stay afraid

lazy butt alex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt it werid looking if u got lke limo tint in the back..and like 30 in the front? its black ass f**k in the back..n light in the front..its better to just get the same tint all way round...looks alot better in the daytime...thats my opion....

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... stay legal... =)

My tint is 35% all around with a visor done at 20%, maybe less. I don't want cops coming around and picking at my tint 'cuz it's illegal... >.<

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lazy butt alex said:
isnt it werid looking if u got lke limo tint in the back..and like 30 in the front? its black ass f**k in the back..n light in the front..its better to just get the same tint all way round...looks alot better in the daytime...thats my opion....
I agree, it looks retarded with 2 diff shades of tint in the sun.

ikillradio

gents97civ said:
I agree, it looks retarded with 2 diff shades of tint in the sun.
car came with limo around the back
the front gradients out
i don't know what you've seen
but it looks fine.

dysfunction3k

wrkin hrd @ hrdly wrkn
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah man, i want some tint too... my civ came w/ clear as s**t windows, cept for this damn scrape or scratch the passenger window gets on the outside, i'm guessing from the roller thingy...

i was kinda worried that i couldnt get tint w/o fixin that, til my buddy told me that tint goes on the INSIDE of the car.... hmm.... i'm retarded.... but yeah, id probably go w/ 25 all around, maybe 20.... its on a black civ, so i figure any tint would look a bit darker, wouldnt it?

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Screw it man , just be a rebel and spray paint them black, haha jk, i have a friend with a blk 01 and he has 20% i think and its pretty damn dark, i have tint on mine im not even sure waht it is but its good i want it darker though, like 10%

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
20% all the way around would look good to me. Especially if you have a black car.

magick_one

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Have A 97 Civic Ex Color Frost White What Percent Tint Will Look Good On It In The Day And Night???

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
magick_one said:
I Have A 97 Civic Ex Color Frost White What Percent Tint Will Look Good On It In The Day And Night???
go with 20 all the way around. It will look good in the daytime and you will still have some vision at night.

EXSoon2BSi

Street Dreamin'
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to have 20% all the way around, but if anyone here knows Central Jersey, the cops are ASSSSSSSHOLES!!! I used to have to drive through certain towns in the Winter with my windows down, just so I wouldn't get hassled. Eventually I just took the tint off the front side windows, but thinking back on it, it wasn't the best idea, now my car looks silly. Once I get it back from the shop (f**kin snow) I'm going to go back and put 35% all the way around so that I can have a nice even tint without getting to hassled. What rocks is being in another state for college, they can't pull you over for violating a state regulation like tints if you're from out of state w00t!! IMO, cops should leave our asses alone with the whole tint thing, it's not like we're all a bunch of drug dealers and gang members rollin in civics ready to shoot up the damn place, we just do it for looks and less hassle during sunny ass days!