What Really Grinds Your Gears?!?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What really grinds my gears:

After you swap an engine in, and it went good, but now you have a rattle in your exhaust.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When Jared thinks I'm f**kin 19. :lol:

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
What really grinds my gears:

After you swap an engine in, and it went good, but now you have a rattle in your exhaust.
this x1000000

did a swap, dropped it in with my old trans., but everything was great. had to take the trans off. got an exhaust rattle :roll:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bringing this back out of boredom.

1) Dudes that come on a 99% male forum and post a :pimp: selfie of themselves as their avatar. Hell, dudes that take single selfies in general.

2) The fact that it is 2015 and the internet has been going full throttle for almost 20 years with forums being around about as long and people still don't know how to do the most simplest of s**t.

3) When google is broke. :wak: <<<-sarcasm meaning when people come on and ask simple questions that take more time to make the thread than to search google.

4) Newbs that bump a thread in a forum that has NO ACTIVITY. Your thread is already on top, people will answer it...or they won't. Bumping it doesn't do s**t. They aren't for sale ads needing views. Try google for once.

5) The constant "how to make my slow ass civic faster" questions.

6) Not being able to tell people to use the god damn search button. Come on...I know a LOT of you are in this same feeling! :welcome:

7) The fact that 99% of the newbs want s**t spoon fed to them.

8) f**king Priuses...

9) Customers that fight me about prices. You drive a Porsche deal with it. Yes it's $600 for a key, the damn car was $150,000. Don't lose it then. I don't make the prices and I damn sure didn't make you buy the car. :lol:

10) Shops that call and give me the part number, then chew me out when/if it is the wrong part. You gave me the number b***h!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol f**king priuses

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great list. I think my agreement with #6 has been well noticed in multiple threads, at least until theyre deleted by admins.
6) Not being able to tell people to use the god damn search button. Come on...I know a LOT of you are in this same feeling! :welcome:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bringing this back out of boredom.

1) Dudes that come on a 99% male forum and post a :pimp: selfie of themselves as their avatar. Hell, dudes that take single selfies in general.
With this new site, it integrates with facebook, therefore using that persons profile picture. They probably didn't upload it after registration. I am going to take selfies and post them daily and tag you in each one now though. :lol:

Also, LOL at Priuses! :rolf:

Heere we go:

1. Spent months trying to chase down an issue with my Kenwood deck. Would turn the car on, and the deck would simply have no power. Turn the car off / on, still nothing. The only way I could get it to power back on was to unplug the harness from the back of the deck. The instant I plugged it back in, it would turn on.

This happened multiple times throughout the past few months. I checked and rechecked the wiring and fuses, everything looked good. Frustrated, I made a horrible choice and brought it to Best Buy to have them look at it. They spent a couple hours with it, blamed it on a blown fuse under the dash. But the issue still came back, and repeatedly. Then I caught on.. I simply pulled the fuse and put that same one back in... the deck would power up. That makes sense, as it acted the same way as unplugging the harness from the deck.

With wiring and the fuse being good, it came down to the deck itself. Yep. It turns out the deck just needed a firmware update.

2. The media. The headline on any major news site is negative. Currently, CNN talks about executing some fat woman in Georgia, Fox News is shitting on our Military, and Yahoo is about convicting the American Sniper killer as well as some Avalanche killing people. Hell even Reddit News is talking about the Feds raiding some s**t in Texas. See my point why this annoys me though? Spread some positive news for once... Spreading negative news does not restore faith in humanity. Positive news, well, there's a chance.

3. People who don't know how to drive in the snow. Seriously, it's not hard.

4. Slow drivers. This is more dangerous than speeding, IMO, as frustrated drivers have to shift lanes to go around slow people. Case and point, over the weekend I had to slow down and wait to pass a car who was in the fast lane, going 40. The speed limit had just switched from 55 to 65. All it takes is one driver behind me not paying attention, and just doing the posted speed limit they'd have smoked my car at 25mph. The roads were pretty good then, too.

5. Gates Town Court (just outside of Rochester)... got a tint / inspection ticket last week. My fault, officer was nice and gave me a fix-it form. If I get rid of the tint and get inspection with 24 hours and hand it into the court, everything poofs away. As it turns out, I couldn't get an inspection for 72 hours with conflicts between every garage being stupid busy and my work schedule. Either way, got it signed off and brought everything to the court. The woman wouldn't accept it since it was more than 24 hours, even though it really was out of my control. This is the 3rd fix-it form from NYS that I've received, all which said 24 hours. The first two were in regards to my exhaust, and tint on the Civic. In BOTH of those cases it took me over a week to get the forms signed off, and the local courts I brought them too accepted them no problem. This woman was just a b***h. I immediately walked over to the Gates Police station and asked if they could do anything. Normally, yes, but since I had JUST handed in those forms and it was > 24 hours, it's officially a not-guilty plea and I need to wait for my court date. Such a waste of both my time and their time.

6. And the people who put in IT tickets, "I just changed my password and I forgot it". Seriously? I'm going to start handing out actual goldfish to these people and let them know their memories are about equal to each other.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, you definitely needed to vent today. :angryred:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In PA, I believe most fix it tickets are ten days.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man, you definitely needed to vent today. :angryred:
Yep. It was nice haha.

In PA, I believe most fix it tickets are ten days.
That would have been nice! Or, the woman at the Town Court could have just been nice. :roll:
I did inform her as I walked that the woman I spoke with previously was much nicer that her. She probably deals with assclowns all day so I can see why she's hardened, but oh well.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All this snow is pretty high up on my list. I hope some of it melted back home so I can have my driveway back.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All this snow is pretty high up on my list. I hope some of it melted back home so I can have my driveway back.
How much do you guys have? We've been sitting with a little over 2 feet for a couple weeks now. Looks like it's finally hitting above 32 this weekend.... only to plummet afterwards and cause ice, therefore cause drivers to suck even worse haha

EDIT: Nope, it's only hitting 31 now. Boo.

And while I'm here, I'm arguing with a dude on a local board in regards to tint tickets. He said pleading not-guilty is dumb, and to just pay the fine. I told him if I always plead guilty, this would be the 4th tint ticket I've had to pay. I've plead not-guilty on the my first three and won every time, and expecting this to be no exception. :what:

Plus, pulling the tint off, getting rid of the ticket, and reapplying the tint is cheaper than paying any fine, especially in NYS where there's a mandatory $85 surcharge, ($93 where I live since it's a town..) not counting the fine itself. AND reapplying the tint means it comes with a new 3-yr warranty. :lol:

Last edited:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think we got a little over a foot accumulatively, but my driveway was all ice.