what shocks to get for my civic?? have ground control coilovers

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kino yellows and GC are a great setup one of the best.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends on which Ground-Controls you have. Shock bodies have differet outter diameters and Ground-Control makes them to fit. If you buy direct from Ground-Control, they ask what shocks you are using so they send you the right ones. For example, the Ground-Controls sit on top of circlips directly over the Koni body with no rubber o-rings. It's a perfect fit. Find out which Ground-Control sleeves you have, that will be one deciding factor.

The other deciding factor is what are your spring rates? Certain shocks can handle a certain range of spring rates. If they are fairly soft, something like a Koni STR.T might work. If they are fairly stiff, Koni's, KYB AGX's or Tokico Illumina's may be what you need. But again, need to know if your sleeves will fit any of those in the first place.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on which Ground-Controls you have. Shock bodies have differet outter diameters and Ground-Control makes them to fit. If you buy direct from Ground-Control, they ask what shocks you are using so they send you the right ones. For example, the Ground-Controls sit on top of circlips directly over the Koni body with no rubber o-rings. It's a perfect fit. Find out which Ground-Control sleeves you have, that will be one deciding factor.

The other deciding factor is what are your spring rates? Certain shocks can handle a certain range of spring rates. If they are fairly soft, something like a Koni STR.T might work. If they are fairly stiff, Koni's, KYB AGX's or Tokico Illumina's may be what you need. But again, need to know if your sleeves will fit any of those in the first place.
Dropping that knowledge on ya!! lol

As long as the Koni Yellows fit then those are the most common set up with GC's

Mugen.Kid

5+ Year Member
I'm also looking into getting a set of GC sleeves but when I e-mailed GC about spring rates they didn't get back to me. Does anyone know if I can get custom rates like 210F and 190R (I know these are fairly soft but I had FF Type 1's before and absolutely hated the ride - wayyyy too stiff for a daily drive on bad Toronto streets).

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm also looking into getting a set of GC sleeves but when I e-mailed GC about spring rates they didn't get back to me. Does anyone know if I can get custom rates like 210F and 190R (I know these are fairly soft but I had FF Type 1's before and absolutely hated the ride - wayyyy too stiff for a daily drive on bad Toronto streets).
The springs (Eibachs) they sell are mostly sold in increments of 25lbs/in. So you could get 175, 200, or 225. You don't need to be so exact, esp for a street car. You won't notice the difference of 20lbs/in. Hell the 210 springs actual rate could be the same as the 190, most springs don't test out to be exactly what they claim. So if I were you, I'd go for 200 all around.

The problem is, 200 is a pretty soft spring. Stock Integra/Civic Type R springs are stiffer. If you want this rate, you really can't lower the car very much.

As for the springs them selves, you need to figure out which length spring to get. I would guess a 10" length spring would be best. Maybe 12". That's something I would call up Ground-Control and ask about.

1000.250.0200: http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/category.php?offset=50&CA=213

1200.250.0200: http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/category.php?offset=75&CA=213