What size resistors should i get?

shawn96

5+ Year Member
I finally put a H23 in my civic and i want to use resistors for the injectors instead of the resistor box. So what size resistors should i get?

shawn96

5+ Year Member
Or can i use B or D series injectors?
I also have the H23 ecu w/ a obd2a-obd1 harness...if that helps.

shawn96

5+ Year Member
I was going to use the H23 injectors, but now i'm thinking of just using civic/integra injectors. W/ a LS obd 1 ecu. Would that work?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would you need a resistor box if you're using injectors meant for the car?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If that motor came out of a car that required a resistor box to run the stock injectors on the stock ecu then yes you need the resistor box.

If you run a civic ecu like a p28 that a lot of people use, then I would run civic 240cc injectors. They don't require a resistor box.

The thing to search for (I don't feel like looking it up right now) is to search what type of injector comes on the h23, its it peak and hold or saturated. Once you find that answer out then you will know if you need a resistor box or not.

If you need inline resistors they are 10ohm/10watt inline resistors and you need 4 of them. Or you can use a honda resistor box.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h23 from a 92-96 prelude right? Thats odb1, you won't need resistors, but I'm not 100% sure.

shawn96

5+ Year Member
Oh man thanks alot guys. Yes it's out of a 92-96 lude. I have the resistor box but thought it might be more trouble to wire up. But i have done the inline resistors before so thats not a problem.