what spoiler is this????

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from that ebay link...it kinda looks like a wing from a Honda Integra Type R? or something of that nature

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but that civic is stacked looking at it form the bottom. just not feeling the wing. tell the owner good work.
will do.

again people, the wing is just an OEM SI replica, it is NOTHING over-sized

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes. Its just the angle, im trying to find a better angle of it right now.

Not the best, and its older than balls. But heres a pic

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 2000 coupe with the oem spoiler and it doesnt look that high... not even from that angle if i remember correctly.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Again, i know the guy. I know whats on his car.

I'll just flat say it since you dont seem to get it. :lol:

You're wrong.

Photography can play tricks on people

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ok. i wanna go take pictures of my car from that angle now to see if it looks like that.

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sorry but im still not conviced thats an OEM Si replacement wing.

i think you need to talk your buddy again and ask him cause after looking at pictures of an SI and then looking back that wing is shaped differently and is slightly bigger looking. anyways just my 2 cents

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it were US and OE it would have a high mount stop light. All '86 and up US vehicles are required to have them and it's common practice for them to appear on spoilers because of this.

It looks aftermarket to me. Try eBay.
I know the owner of that car.

Its an SI wing.

He bounces back and forth between the wing/no wing look often.

I think his cars is one of the VERY few coupes that can pull off a wing. You'd have to see it in person to understand.

Without the wing, more recent pic:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/savethe-sohc/463453.jpg
'99-'00 Civic coupe spoilers say "CIVIC" on the underside of the spoiler. It's embossed into the body of the spoiler.

It might be a replica, but it's not that great judging from the photos. The sides of it look pretty wide too.
Again, i know the guy. I know whats on his car.

I'll just flat say it since you dont seem to get it. :lol:

You're wrong.

Photography can play tricks on people
You just said it was replica. It can be a bad replica. Doesn't change that it's a replica. So no one is wrong in pointing out how it doesn't look like the real ones.

The OP would probably be happy with an OE '99-'00 coupe spoiler or with a replica. There is also a similar spoiler that came on sedans overseas, but it's going to cost more and be much more difficult to find.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it were US and OE it would have a high mount stop light. All '86 and up US vehicles are required to have them and it's common practice for them to appear on spoilers because of this.

It looks aftermarket to me. Try eBay.

'99-'00 Civic coupe spoilers say "CIVIC" on the underside of the spoiler. It's embossed into the body of the spoiler.

It might be a replica, but it's not that great judging from the photos. The sides of it look pretty wide too.

You just said it was replica. It can be a bad replica. Doesn't change that it's a replica. So no one is wrong in pointing out how it doesn't look like the real ones.

The OP would probably be happy with an OE '99-'00 coupe spoiler or with a replica. There is also a similar spoiler that came on sedans overseas, but it's going to cost more and be much more difficult to find.
Ok, so i mixed up some wording.

Its an OE replacement (replica) SI spoiler.

Its nothing from a body kit/wing/spoiler company.

I never said it was a "good" replica, just that it is in fact a replica. It looks like an SI spoiler to me, but then again I've seen it enough (even next to other SI spoilers) that even if there are any differences, they're minuscule.

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there was a member on here last year that was selling one just like that with the same car, i wanted to buy it but i could not get the money for it, also he said he had documents that said ut was a real mugen spoiler.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could be the integra type r spoiler. which is not the same as the 99-00 civic oem spoiler. it's higher and doesn't have the brake light.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
phntm....its not like anyone whos posted in this threads opinions matter. the thread wasnt even about your friend lol. if thats what your friends likes, so be it, he doesnt need to answer to anybody.

isnt he a member on this forum too? highwaystar ??

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is a Vi-RS spoiler for a four door 96-00 civic. It is different from the 99-00 civic high wing like on the ebay link.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
man f**k, you are ALL WRONG!

This is CLEARLY, No doubt, the OEM 91-91.5 OEM Civic SE-R Ralliart Evolution GT-R Cobra SS Spoiler.

:roll: You guys cant identify parts for s**t.

Last edited: