What swap for my 2000 civic si

CivicSwap

I have a 2000 civic si and i just want a swap thats a little quicker. My buddy has a integra with a b18c1 and he said its not much difference between his and mine so i dont know what to swap with. Maybe a h22? And i dont know anything about K swaps or F series.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap NA for FI

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless you have deep pockets, stay away from the H, they have FRM sleeves, and can get really costly really fast.

Just my .02

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If all you're looking for is a little more pep, look into a supercharger kit or turbo.
Less money in the end than a whole nother engine, etc.

If you did powerplants, the only things I would swap into an EM1 would be a GSR motor if it were cheap enough to waste the time on, or just go K.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K24. Go big and be done.
Honestly your swap options will be expensive and a gsr swap (although quicker in your chassis than an integra) the cost didn't justify the power gain. (10 crank hp and 17 crank tq)

Boost is the must cost effective performance upgrade

CivicSwap

I was thinking about a turbo too. But I have no idea on the costs of k swaps and the h22 motors are relitively cheap for the hp difference. But I don't know if it's worth it or to just get A turbo

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking about a turbo too. But I have no idea on the costs of k swaps and the h22 motors are relitively cheap for the hp difference. But I don't know if it's worth it or to just get A turbo
a slow K swap could run you around 4-5000 (slow meaning, basically as quick as you are now) and on the high end of the spectrum, around 8000 plus (for the latest swap products and billet this and that crap). H22 motors themselves are usually cheap, but there are things that go along with a H22 swap that start to drive the cost up since they don't just drop right in like a GSR or ITR would.

Why no talk of b18c5? I mean roughly the same price as a k and similar power right? Easier swap too
a ITR motor is out of its league performance wise compared to a K20a2/z1/z3 or k24a2 k24/k20 combo. The K costs much more to swap than ITR motor because many more parts are needed to make the swap work. The N/A performance difference from a B16 vs ITR is significant, but would it justify that high price tag? Think about the money it would take to get an ITR swap and what you could do to that B16 with the same cash.

or alternate scenario, say you get an ITR, but then you want more power. That means, nearly everything that made that type R a "type R" is going to be taken out and replaced with things that you could have placed into a b16 to begin with.

a K seems like it has similar power because of the peak crank HP figure. The torque difference (peak tq) and where that torque is in the powerband makes a huge difference. ITR isn't a bad swap at all, most people just want the most bang for the buck.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think most of the people who swap in type r motors in just want it for the name

army4life

Army MOS: Combat Ninja
My K20z3 was an awesome motor. Plenty of pull, high revs, and plenty of mod options. In your EM1, that thing would scream. If you're going to drop the money, spend it once and do a K. A B18c would be ok, but the cost over the enjoyment wouldn't be worth it.

DMunny

VTEC WHORE
you could go nuts and do the "G23" build....but the b16 is a great engine...put a snail on it and call it a day.

Darth_Civic

I see what your saying child I didn't realize they type r needed so many parts since it is so similair to the b16. I personally would build the b16 but all I ever hear is there no replacement for displacement.

DMunny

VTEC WHORE
I see what your saying child I didn't realize they type r needed so many parts since it is so similair to the b16. I personally would build the b16 but all I ever hear is there no replacement for displacement.
The replacement for displacement is forced induction. :cool:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not the type r that needs lots of parts to drop in, it's the h22 and k series. The type r is just retarded expensive for what you get performance wise. A type r motor is more of a collectors item.

CivicSwap

When you say build the b16 what do you mean exactly. If i were to swap it my max spending would be around $2k anyway

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With that spending budget there isn't much you can do, swap wise that is.
By building the b16 I meant, upgraded valvetrain, camshafts, and even stroking the motor to a 1.8l for some extra torque.

For 2k you might be able to find a decent gsr longblock, but you could have some aggressive cams in your b16 and have a quicker setup.

You could probably scrape yourself together a turbo setup for that 2 grand, but you most likely will need a but more for tuning

CivicSwap

I've found a few h22's for about $1,800 but someone said the parts for them were expensive? or something