what the hell is this???

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
so i found this little black box thing by my fuse panel while i was doing my SRS light reset, and it doesnt look OEM, but it goes to my alarm light, so i thought i'd put a few pics up and see if anyone knows what it is, thanks =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
an alarm?

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like an alarm vibration sensor?

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
looks like an alarm vibration sensor?
hmm, i dont have the honda keyfob, so i assume it has to do with an aftermarket alarm, my alarm is way sensitive, if you open the glove box with it armed it sets it off. ill do some googling to see if it is part of an aftermarket alarm system. thanks

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
That is for sure an alarm system component. probably a sensor or something, though those are usually pretty small and have leds on them to visually confirm sensitivity. Actually after looking at the pics, if those front wires are also attached, cant really see in the pice, and that relay too, its defiantly the main alarm controller. though thats some pretty ghetto securing. screw that baby in.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a gps locator maybe FBI could be CIA but im guessing homeland security.

SuperDanny

that hackjob would be and aftermarket alarm and/or keyless entry, your best bet would be to take that mess out, and redo it if you can, then find the guy that installed it like that and slap him.... lol, i install mobile electronics and it just bothers me when i see stuff like that....

1991civicb16

I have the same looking alarm looking thing in my car that i bought. I hate when people try to wire stuff themselves they make such a mess. Leave it to the people who get paid to install.

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
that hackjob would be and aftermarket alarm and/or keyless entry, your best bet would be to take that mess out, and redo it if you can, then find the guy that installed it like that and slap him.... lol, i install mobile electronics and it just bothers me when i see stuff like that....
I'd shoot the f**k I bought this car from if I ever saw him again

HondaHatch96

ya that is a alarm brain for sure, for the shock sensor look for a dial if you turn it counterclockwise it will turn the sensitivity down. there might be a shock sensor that is not directly attached to that big black box but might be a smaller box with a dial on it also..

leothelion

Registered VIP
lol. prob not shoot, i'm not down for prison, just a swift nut shot would do the job :D
dang, to avoid this i took a couple hours today and ran some wires like a boss. How do you guys run wire from the inside to the doors? i took a line and fished it into the door harness tubbing and then at the door ran it down behind the hinge and up through the drainage hole, is there a better way? I cant see the wire at all unless i fully open the door, only thing i could think of doing differently was drill a hole right under the door harness plug and put in a rubber grommet but then i might hit some wires and what not on the other side. Also, how do you guys run wire under the drivers side foot wells, right now i have it just running over the steering wheel column, any ideas on where a pro would run it?

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
dang, to avoid this i took a couple hours today and ran some wires like a boss. How do you guys run wire from the inside to the doors? i took a line and fished it into the door harness tubbing and then at the door ran it down behind the hinge and up through the drainage hole, is there a better way? I cant see the wire at all unless i fully open the door, only thing i could think of doing differently was drill a hole right under the door harness plug and put in a rubber grommet but then i might hit some wires and what not on the other side. Also, how do you guys run wire under the drivers side foot wells, right now i have it just running over the steering wheel column, any ideas on where a pro would run it?
i gotta get a new alarm, one i know is quality

leothelion

Registered VIP
i gotta get a new alarm, one i know is quality
nice...though i dont know why you quoted mine post lol. Did you do a full install? I was always hesitant to hook up all those hood pins and ignition kills and stuff, but then again my alarm only cost $30 lol.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea its an alarm. when i bought my civic the guy didnt know anything about alarms and come to think of it it have a alarm on it. but he disabled it cause of it being to touchy.