What the hell is wrong with Honda?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Somebody needs to explain to me why there's no K20 option on the new CR-Z. Will they wait a year or two and come out with an SiR? Me likely the look of it, but it's a full second slower to 60 than my 4th gen hatch. Building a small, sporty car then only offering a weak hybrid powertrain is just... so...... I don't know... RUDE to us enthusiasts lol

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The last thing the world needs is some kid to own a car the weighs as much as a shoe and goes as fast as a rocket.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Honda's small and pretty quick car days are done, especially for the US market.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The CR-Z is meant to be a remake of the CRX. Putting a K20 in the car would completely ruin that and the whole "economical" part of the CR-Z.

Also considering the CRX Si has the D16A7, which only had 108HP, they are keeping that tradition of not throwing a bigger engine into a small car.

fredn

Sex and Cars.
K20s are so heavy, besides all car manufacturers that are anybody are producing smaller cars because of the new tighter regulations in Europe. Sure they make different cars for different markets but ya...

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K20's are heavy? Are you on crack?

And Honda won't throw a K20 in the CRZ because your broke asses can't afford to buy one. If there was a market they would sell it.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
yea but has anyone ever tried to buy a brand new honda? you have to have REALLY REALLY good credit and have good income. so the average joe wont be buying a CRZ with a K engine. i think they would sell like pancakes. why not make a Mugen CRZ like they did for the Civic Si? Limited numbers, special edition..

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why not make a Mugen CRZ

[YOUTUBE="Mugen CRZ?"]0ojhcw6-rZw[/YOUTUBE]

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The last thing the world needs is some kid to own a car the weighs as much as a shoe and goes as fast as a rocket.
:word:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Honda's small and pretty quick car days are done, especially for the US market.
And :word:

If you really want it to be fast and yet you can afford one, then buy it and turbo it or swap it yourself. Simple as that. Any kind of modification that we all do to our own cars takes time, money and patience.

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i read that Honda is going to make a non hybrid version of the CRZ. That is whats wrong with it, is a hybrid that it comes close with gas mileage with the current civic and slower too. The 2012 civic will have a higher estimated gas mileage. I would just wait wait with the current CRZ and buy a non hybrid version.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="Mugen CRZ?"]0ojhcw6-rZw[/YOUTUBE]
omg i have a purpose in life, again..lol
this car looks amazing!
mugen is the best for honda tuning,
seeing as honda's son founded the company.
mugen should just merge with honda and cut us
a break and make kick-ass trims for every car..id even get
a mugen cr-v or pilot for my family haha

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:oops: i love it lol
imo i think the body style (if thats what youre reffering to)
is just keeping up with the times..alot of car companys (honda included)
are making concepts of cars with the future in mind,
people are just more into that sleek, james bond-look of a car
instead of the old-school, bucket-look..idk ? or at least
thats how i see it..but i honestly think that civics shouldve stayed
the way they looked in 96-00 but of coarse modded a "bit" for a sleeker design

EDWINV00SI

PROJ3CT EM1
Ed[K*];3054496 said:
:oops: i love it lol
imo i think the body style (if thats what youre reffering to)
is just keeping up with the times..alot of car companys (honda included)
are making concepts of cars with the future in mind,
people are just more into that sleek, james bond-look of a car
instead of the old-school, bucket-look..idk ? or at least
thats how i see it..but i honestly think that civics shouldve stayed
the way they looked in 96-00 but of coarse modded a "bit" for a sleeker design
yeah the body style is not my style. i also agree with you, honda should of stayed with the 96-00 look. modded to a sleeker design would of made my mouth :drool:

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ This is why you guys aren't car designers(not that I like the CR-Z or Honda's latest designs).

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I parked my 07 si sedan next to one today at the dealer, the cr-z looked damn near the same length and width, not exactly compact like they claim.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I parked my 07 si sedan next to one today at the dealer, the cr-z looked damn near the same length and width, not exactly compact like they claim.
You need to get your eyes checked. I parked my CRX next to one and the CRZ was barely bigger. 4" taller and maybe a foot longer.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The CR-Z is meant to be a remake of the CRX. Putting a K20 in the car would completely ruin that and the whole "economical" part of the CR-Z.

Also considering the CRX Si has the D16A7, which only had 108HP, they are keeping that tradition of not throwing a bigger engine into a small car.
That's true, I'm pretty disappointed with the fuel economy numbers of the K20. But it's still apples to oranges. 2700 lbs-ish for the new CR-Z? Is that right? Don't some of the economical CRXs weight in under 2000 lbs? When a car weighs that little, you can get around low hp with gearing lol

The 4th gen SiR hatch has 160hp vs 108, and that car was only marginally larger.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K20's are heavy? Are you on crack?

And Honda won't throw a K20 in the CRZ because your broke asses can't afford to buy one. If there was a market they would sell it.
They've already overpriced the s**t out of it because of that stupid hybrid powertrain lol