What to do with my 94 civic coupe ex 5 speed

Chiefcloud87

Hello Everyone! So alright so i have a 1994 Honda Civic Coupe Ex, It's a manual transmission, I love this car I've had for about 5 years I've replaced the clutch 2 times already. The mileage is at 280,000. I haven't modified it so its still all stock. I'm about to replace the Head gasket and valve cover gasket soon since its leaking oil into my radiator reservoir. Whenever i have to have emissions done i have to retard the timing or else it fails because of high Nox and I've pretty much done everything i can think of to help it and nothing else seems to work other than to retard to timing the minimum. I know in a couple of years i'll probably have to part ways with it but i really dont want too. So i need some suggestions as to what to do to keep this car around for way longer!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take that engine out and put in a more healthy sohc engine and drive it forever again.

codesmith29

Respected
That's all bro swap that b***h outta there for. A better ones ,you have a good car ,dnt go over board ,just drop in something that will line up with all the components u have in now

collkid

I've been thinking I'll do the same thing eventually. Civic is just a beater for me and you can't get much better than one of these things.

codesmith29

Respected
I just bought a 98 do hatchback from a friend a i have it gut to the bone so I'm doing a restoration wit the same d15 manual transmission but this time carbs in for the efi system