What type of oil to use?

AChase

5+ Year Member
I have a d16y7 boosted with a Jackson Racing SC running 6 1/2 lbs. Should I just stick to 5w30 or move onto something else? Just wondering if ones better then the other for my boosted application.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
probably 10w30 should be fine.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cooking oil should be better.

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I'd go extra virgin olive, which sucks 'cause that stuff can get pricey fast.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This s**t right here. Use it with their Nano filter. Change your oil every six months if you drive it hard. A year if you don't.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mobil 1 10w30

and hey dude send me a pm saying how you like that supercharger im debating supercharging my y8 with i/h/e since is an auto...seems more reasnoble then turbo since its constant power....anyways hit me up in a pm so it dont seem im thread jacking

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the best ting to use is what the factory recommends.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i would use 10w30 full synthetic just because he's boosting and it's summer in most places! well even without boosting i would. but on my d17a2 i use 5w20 mobil1 full synthetic. Synthetic is a must for boost!

AChase

5+ Year Member
Hey thanks to everyone. I put in gtx 10w30. I know its not the best but I did the change 2 days ago without much response. I also was told not to use synthetic becuase my motor has never seen it and is more likely to hurt my motor. <------ called JRSC and thats what they said so I went with it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
when you switch from conventional to synthetic after years of conventional only, it can break apart carbon deposites that then run through your motor, turbo, etc.

synthetic oil is not a must for a boosted motor, just as long as you keep the oil clean and topped off, conventional will be fine. i use castrol gtx 10w30 on a built/boosted lsvtec