what up peeps. forum newbie

squid111999

so I just bought a 95 dx coupe with "the only problem" being a wheel bearing. quickly after getting it more problems showed up. at first I could deal with the bearing but then the belts need replacing and the car kept overheating yet the dash wait it was totally fine.... found out the thermostat was removed. the intercooler was clogged and now the head/s are warped... me being a full time student with a shitty job will never be able to fix it. so I'm looking for pointers. should I try finding a new engine hopefully cheap or sell it all together? how often are people looking for shells and how much do they usually pay for them?

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

squid111999

thanks for the help everyone -.-

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we need more details.

a removed thermostat wouldnt cause overheating

intercooler? so its turbo?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think he means the radiator had a clog. Don't know why the temp gauge would read normal though. A thermostat is theoretically not needed in hot climates... just another point of failure, which is why previous owner removed it. How do you know the head is warped? What is the symptom? Have you done a compression test?

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
and if it is warped a top half of a honda motor can be had for cheap depending on which one it is.
But that may not fix the problem depending on what it was so you need to figure out why it overheated and diagnois all the problems it has.

squid111999

d15b7 motor. sorry not intercooler.. radiator. the car will run and then eventually die out till it cools off.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does your fan kick on?

radiator functioning?

why do you believe the head is warped?

squid111999

so while the car is running the temperature is fine but if I have to stop for more than 5 minutes it'll start heating up, once it does that it'll start sputtering then eventually die. I had to push it through an intersection and down a block to park it till I can borrow jumper cables and get it home

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jumper cables? wtf is all wrong with this car

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In San Antonio there's this guy on CL willing to trade a 89 crx running project, for a 92-95 coupe or hatchback shell.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

squid111999

yeah idk once it dies it needs to be jump started. I'm gonna try talking to my friends mechanic and see what he suggests. super pissed I got scanned when I bought it but then again I didn't know what I should have checked :/ life lesson right there lol

kingston250

Hi

I'M Wasim, I am new user and posting this thread to just introducing myself. I found this forum just a few minutes ago and I found it quite interesting, so I immediately decided to join it. I will hope this forum is help me to learn new things.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jump start after it dies from overheating? Don't think those 2 go together... :what:

Sounds to me that it is overheating because of trapped air in the cooling system. It needs to be bled. As for the jump start issue, take it to auto-zone (or the like) and have them test the battery and alternator.

squid111999

I'm not immediatly jump starting it after it dies lol but I will check the battery

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So ur sayin the gauge in the dash doesn't show that it's overheating? Are you losing coolant, blowin out white smoke, or is there oil in the little plastic resovoir next to the radiator? If not your head may not be warped. Try bleeding the coolant either with the bleeder valve if u have one or just wih the cap off, there are guides online. Get that battery checked, and get back to us

squid111999

the gauge works. ill try bleeding it and see if that helps and ill bring my battery to my auto class tonight and check it.

squid111999

after it dies and I try starting it up it'll spit out white smoke, when its running its doesn't

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:oh:

Fuel is not the only thing getting into your cylinders...