what you think of my new paint?

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got it done...yea cheap paint..macco..4 year warranty! for 600!! =D

thinking of getting some Drag Dr20 or Rota Jmag. and dont worry about the car is now lower enough becuz i havent adjust it back....stupid hwy 80 was fawk up months ago and it was hitting my traction bar so i had to raise it..maybe after getting some aftermarket rims...thinkin of s2k cluster...:lol:

imu7899

Super clean! Way better looking than what I would expect from a Maaco job. I've been thinking about paint for mine as well! Grats man!

stuco

5+ Year Member
It looks great man, did you do the bodywork/prep? Did you tape it yourself? I've heard that if using Macco that's the only way to get it decent.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man, i like it...

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
It looks great man, did you do the bodywork/prep? Did you tape it yourself? I've heard that if using Macco that's the only way to get it decent.
I was curious about what all needs to be done prior to Maaco myself... cause I have a '91 I want to get repainted.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have maaco do the bodywork, then the paintjob will look horrible and they charge out the ass for bodywork..

most anyone could paint a car. its all in the right settings on the gun and mixing the paint right, so its pretty hard to f**k up a respray.

do the bodywork urself and dont rush it, and u will be good to go..

OP, car looks good. i would stay away from rotas imo

afterhrsplayer

5+ Year Member
I've heard many of horror stories about Maaco paint jobs. Yours look like it came out nice. Did you do the prep yourself?

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they did the prep themself. i mean i would of but i got no time....workin 6 day a week. 12shfit. but yeah they have the prep done for me its the supreme speical (1000 service) for only 520 out the door. although ive seen a few drip on the sideskirt but who cares.. =D and why stay away from rota? Jmag? same thing as Drag Dr27...

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sideskirts are hideous. Ohhh and can't really tell how the paint looks since the pics were taken with a 2.3? megapixel camera. At least it has a warranty...

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like a decent spray job. Can't beat that price either. How did you talk them down on the price? As far as rims, most everyone has cookie cutter bullshit lately. I'd rather see that thing on some old school rims. I like what your sitting on now>rotas,drag,ect.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like a decent spray job. Can't beat that price either. How did you talk them down on the price? As far as rims, most everyone has cookie cutter bullshit lately. I'd rather see that thing on some old school rims. I like what your sitting on now>rotas,drag,ect.
my brother got a paint job there and i guess their business is not so great over here atm. =D for the rim..should i paint it white or leave it bronze? it looks funny huh? my next budget will be AP1 cluster muahhhhahah