Whats a good swap?

gtoman_05

Yah Its Orange
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im puttin in money but i dont know know about putting in work. Cuz im jus fukin 16. Noob Noob Noob i know. Dont know s**t, but im startin to learn s**t and it is something i want to do and i dont jus wana give up. Can u give me a link for the y7 to y8

I dont think im gana b building.... jus gana do drop in

_Ben_W

5+ Year Member
you would get off a lot cheaper with going jdm d15b vtec with bisimoto cam and a few other goodies
look @ a few options with sohc, a lot of people may disagree, but it is your car.

look here for some info @ http://www.d-series.org/forums//index.php?

gtoman_05

Yah Its Orange
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so if i just do a y7 to y8... then can i get a turbo for a D16Y8? Cuz i found one for the D16Y7 but not for a Y8...???

_Ben_W

5+ Year Member
yes, there is a kit for both, you could just keep the y7 head on, port it, and just get a custom cam built @ bisimoto along with the springs and retainers and then boost that. Did you search d-series.org?

DaMechanicEG/EK

5+ Year Member
its all on how much $$$ u got. b16 is a great starting out motor. n wit a lil knw how. u can make good power. i had a b16b. a custom build later and i made 227hp to da wheels. kicking k swaped hondas n corvets all day. got vids on youtube if wana see .