What's so great about an AEM V2, anyway?

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does anyone know the difference between a regular aem cai and an aem v2? Is the V2 a cold air or short ram? Anything?

Sirk

5+ Year Member
i think its short ram or cold air depending on what works best for the vehicle

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cold air....it really isnt much better i didnt notice anything really over my old cai other than noise

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they claim that the two different sizes of piping for the intake helps airflow or some blah blah. just stick with a regular cai, or sri.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
something about the 2nd tubing that makes the air vibrate or flow in a "better" way or some crazy s**t. its a company just trying to sell a product...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cant take anything aem seriously.

1. They fake their dyno proven claims. Often the intakes are slapped on built cars with other modifications.
2. People were sucking bypass valves into the engine for a while
3. There was even that guy with the tsx that sucked the rings into the tb, which resulted in the guys car getting stuck at WOT, and him almost crashing it

I hated aem even before i started hearing about the problems people had with them. Gotta admit though, powdercoating a pipe red so it looks cool, slapping a special sticker on it so ricers who are chicken of cops will buy em, and then ripping off enough people to afford to do dyno testing so they can go "look our intake is dope because we did dyno testing" never mind the fact that the dyno testing we do is on cars with already built engines so it looks like our intakes are dope. One hell of a scam those bitches are running, and ricers continually keep falling for it.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
you cant take anything aem seriously.

1. They fake their dyno proven claims. Often the intakes are slapped on built cars with other modifications.
2. People were sucking bypass valves into the engine for a while
3. There was even that guy with the tsx that sucked the rings into the tb, which resulted in the guys car getting stuck at WOT, and him almost crashing it

I hated aem even before i started hearing about the problems people had with them. Gotta admit though, powdercoating a pipe red so it looks cool, slapping a special sticker on it so ricers who are chicken of cops will buy em, and then ripping off enough people to afford to do dyno testing so they can go "look our intake is dope because we did dyno testing" never mind the fact that the dyno testing we do is on cars with already built engines so it looks like our intakes are dope. One hell of a scam those bitches are running, and ricers continually keep falling for it.
:werd:

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stop Hating, at anytime something can go wrong. They do not fake their dyno results...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
Stop Hating, at anytime something can go wrong. They do not fake their dyno results...
ha... i said that too about Jackson racing superchargers...

finds out in the end that they ran race gas with tuned computers and VERY modded cars... which made them gain "100hp" for 3900 dollars hahahahha AEM is just any other parts company trying to sell s**t to people who believe anything... it's life.. it happens. I'd only get an AEM short ram cause it has a "CARB" sticker... and pigs are getting real into pulling you over now for loud exhausts and "illegal" parts.. :roll:

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its been proven that the V2 Gets you higher gains then any other, Theres been tests on clubrsx ect...

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
V2= Vagina Times 2 and who doesn't want two vaginas right. Two is better than one i learn that s**t in 1st grade

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if it does make a little power over their regular cai, it's not worth how much more it costs.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
you know somebody said something similar to me at one point

Look how many people buy AEM CAI, millions, and you throw out their whole reputation because of one or two f**k ups?
and my response was

by the same token look how many people buy hyundais, kias, neons, geo's, ...etc. I guess because people buy em it makes them not pieces of s**t.

After fiero's and pinots started gettin rear ended and catching on fire people didnt keep buying em, hell no they bought a different car.
16 year old ricers like you with your blind devotion to a name brands are the reason aem and other shady companies like them are still in business. Anyone who pays $200 for a pipe with a filter on the end of it obviously is mentally challenged. And the only reason they are dyno proven (fake or not) is because they have ripped off enough people like you with their s**t to be able to afford dyno testing.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can vouch for this....the v2 sucks...and not air.....i wish i would have saved the money and went with an ebay special with a good filter....would have saved me like 200 bucks f**k the V2

1SLOEG8

I piss on fender gap.
5+ Year Member
why pay over $200 for something that does the same exact s**t as something thats a $100 less? i know i didnt. V2's look cool though.

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all aem intakes are nothing but bling. if you really want the extra 1 hp gain just by an ebay intake cuz since AEM intakes have been on the market boot leggers have made copies just as good as the orginals. in the end it's only a pipe with a filter on the end.

Sandals

on a D series engine bolt-on's are worthless unless you plan on doing some serious work to the rest of the engine. Attached to other engines I would say yes the V2 would and could do better then your regular CAI but that too depends on the engine. And yea AEM and most other companies might doctor up their dyno charts or might try and get people to buy their "intake" with flashy paint schemes and stickers. IMHO unless your stock intake got trashed in some bizarre accident don't bother. If you wanna clean up your engine bay on the other hand; get some ebay knock off or if you want some bling get an integra intake box and a Spoon intake pipe; or their is always the whale penis (can't go wrong with a nice healthy dose of whale penis). But I'm seriously getting off topic.

The difference between the two as many have already stated is the dual piping the V2 has. This is used to increase the fluid motion in the intake pipe which in turn decreases the amount of unused space between the filter and the throttle body. According to AEM (and I read this a while ago) The exterior pipe does something with "noise" in order to smoothen out the airflow.