What's so wrong with auto tranny?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Then why are dragsters auto?
Ohh pick me pick me!!!!!

Umm...........they can be tuned to shift at the RIGHT moment and will do it time and time again, and they shift quicker than a human could?

Leas' tha's what mamma says.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ohh pick me pick me!!!!!

Umm...........they can be tuned to shift at the RIGHT moment and will do it time and time again, and they shift quicker than a human could?

Leas' tha's what mamma says.
Who listens to their mum?! Rebel for life!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I listen to your mum when she asks me to choke her during sex.

the safety word is pomegranate.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hated oing from my manual hatch to my auto wagon. Yes its easier to daily but when it comes down to going faster manuals hold the power a lot better and there isnt as much of a delay in throttle response.
depends on the car.. amount of power.. transmission.. and application..

i plan to make 300+ hp in my mustang and I plan to mostly drag race the car.. so for me.. auto with a shift kit would be better than any manual setup.. this will essentially allow me to shift.. without having to worry about a clutch..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have actually heard that car companies will soon start to move away from the manual transmission, and head towards the paddle shifters.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
comparing racing parts to oem economy parts.
yea, auto trans is used alot in drag racing, because the transmissions they use are MADE FOR RACING.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First off it's just more fun and enjoyable to drive.
You get better gas mileage.
Makes you pay attention more.
Forces you to learn a little about the car if your a total noob.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off it's just more fun and enjoyable to drive.
You get better gas mileage.
Makes you pay attention more.
Forces you to learn a little about the car if your a total noob.
i hope these are supporting facts for manual

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Uhh yea they have to be. And on that note, yes auto trannies built for drag racing are MUCH tougher than stock Honda autos. He was just referring to what I had said......that in a straight line they will shift when you want them to, and they shift quicker.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i don't have a problem with my automatic. :what: the driving i do would get annoying with a manual, and i'll definitely pass on driving in san francisco with a stick. :lol:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i don't have a problem with my automatic. :what: the driving i do would get annoying with a manual, and i'll definitely pass on driving in san francisco with a stick. :lol:
Yea, I hear you dont like anything with a stick :oh:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
comparing racing parts to oem economy parts.
yea, auto trans is used alot in drag racing, because the transmissions they use are MADE FOR RACING.
Try any type of bracket racing. They're not race only units. And you're going to have to earn the right to call me ignorant; based on your threads you've got some work ahead of you.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=173993
If you had an auto this wouldn't have happened.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
manuals are better for circuit racing and drifting but for drag races auto is always going to be faster. i dont care what anyone says none of you can shift faster than an automatic transmission. also, in extreme conditions (like sled pulling in my case) you can build an auto to be much stronger than a manual could ever be. but since none of the above apply to you, a manual is probably better unless you want to spend big bucks rebuilding your auto. just drive it until it goes i doubt you plan on making enough power to ruin the trans anyway