WHATS THE BEST THING FOR A d17...TURBO OR ENGINE SWAP?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ You're right. But how are you going to accomplish that? Once the k20 is in, do you think you'll have room for a turbo setup in that little engine bay? Say you are able to fit a custom turbo in there, how much will all that s**t cost you? Say money isn't a problem. After dropping a k20 with turbo setup in, the chances are you'd wanna show off to all your friends. Guess what? They'll likely mention you here and there to THEIR friends plus forums that they are in. And if you had a shop install all that crap for you, that's another problem. Now you gotta worry about security because of car theives. Professional auto theft can tell what kind of engine is under the hood by listening to your engine sound. And it doesn't take a professional driver to tell if you have turbo or not. You spend all the money such as alarm and camera. If they want it bad enough, they'll get it. Lo Jack may solve the problem, but it doesn't mean that your car won't get stolen.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wise words from the pineapple ;P

pNOYjOSH

5+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
^ You're right. But how are you going to accomplish that? Once the k20 is in, do you think you'll have room for a turbo setup in that little engine bay?

plenty of people have already acomplished that..

LilJdmWannabe

CiViC uSeR
5+ Year Member
omg i think i just wet my pant..it fit..Lmao like not other..it just like putting a h22a into a accord..still fit and good enough to throw a turbo under it...NICE POST...

LilJdmWannabe

CiViC uSeR
5+ Year Member
hahahahahah man o man..i begining to love this thread..that is one sick swap..

mad props for whoever car this belong tooo..UNLEASH THE EM2 MONSTER..

i rmmeber people say if there no room for a turbo then make room for it..throw you battery in the backtrunk and booomya...u got a place for your turbo..

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're right, it is sick. I wish I have that much money to spend. Intercooler is visible for theives..

CenZ

5+ Year Member
pon55 said:
Of all the turbo D17s I know, no one is even close to 300. So I would agree on bs without a dyno sheet to bck it up.
hector and andy on 7thgen are at 300 on their d17s

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
I would say that 300+ hp is very doable on the D17 with a proper turbo setup, internals work, and block work. I definitely would not call bs on that unless I had great proof that it wasnt done.
yeah i don't remember if it was on here or 7thgen civic.com, but someone had a 300 something hp boosted D17 but he said the tranny couldn't hold it. Something to consider. I'd be happy with 200whp personally. I'm thinking after I get a short throw/clutch and flywheel that I'll look into building a turbo kit.

back to the thread topic....if you couldn't guess....boost it.