whats the easiest swap???

91sib16

5+ Year Member
i have a 1991 civic si and the motors junk i need to swap the motor and dont have a whole lot of cash but also want power to so whats easier and cheaper Ls, Zc, B16, or stock 1.6l jdm. thanks for any help.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your going N/A I would go LS. B16s are fun N/A also. If your going to do a swap I would definitely go DOHC just more potential in the future. If you go SOHC I would plan on boost. IMO

ZMichael

5+ Year Member
Dohc Zc Ftw!

:nod: Very straightforward swap, cheap, power increase, loves boost. Swapping the ZC DOHC into a CRX DX was the very first major thing I ever did car related. It was a great learning experience, didn't break the bank, and was very straight forward with not needing too many extra parts.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DOHC ZC is probably the easiest. Cost effective too.

or A6/Z6 mini me. :what: little more involved in the wiring. power is similar.

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just boost a little SOHC V-Tec..

H Motors Online $499
add Hydro Tranny for $200

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ZC will be the easiest and cheapest but you wont get good power. ls you will have to get mounts axles shift linkage and some other small things. that in my opinion is a better a better swap, a DOHC vtec will be the best and easiest.

mark84

5+ Year Member
all you need is a b20, you'll have maddddd torque and the price for that JDM engine is very very cheap from others...also If you do have money in the future you could always put on a vtec head.=)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Technically...the easiest swap might be a d16y8 or z6 ;)

91sib16

5+ Year Member
i'm gonna do an H22 swap now cause i just sold my quad so i have $2,000 and Hmotors has a complete swap for $2199 so i'm just gonna go H22. I know H22 swap isn't easy at all but what are some of the comon this i will need to do?