whats this part called??

DavidR

5+ Year Member
it's on the t stat housing and looks almost like a o2 sensor has two hoses one that runs to the intake manifold and another that runs to the airbox cleaner pipe.

DavidR

5+ Year Member
Engine coolant temp sensor you mean?

No, it's not a sensor. By the way thats the cooling fan switch in the pic. The part that i'm refering to has some thing to do with vaccum i'd post a pic but dont have a camera. but there are two things that screw into the t stat housing one is the fan switch indicated in the pic and the other is the one i'm trying to figure out. I need a new one becaus one of the pipes that one of the hoses slips over broke when I was taking the hose off. But if you look at the t stat housing youll see what im talking about. It isn't a sensor as it has no wires the closes thing I can compare the look to is a o2 sensor.

DavidR

5+ Year Member
What is the function of the FIACV? It doesnt mention it in the haynes manual.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://bit.ly/TMgwyY

First link:
basically, it helps burn exhaust gas a little better by introducing fresh air to the exhaust. it's supposed help prolong life and efficiency of the catalytic converter. it won't hurt anything, just emission s**t.
:thumbs up

DavidR

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the reply, How does this not create a lean condition as it is not metered air? I've been having a rough idle issue that I could never figure out after all the trouble shooting and parts that I have replaced. What symptoms would I get if this valve was bad? Also were can I find one online that is more reasonably priced there is no way im gonna shell out $80 bucks for this simple little mechanical part. Thanks again.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure to be honest. Have you tried cleaning the IACV?