what's tihis connector for???

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm posting from mexico and my english is still bad, sorry
This is my fist post and I don't know if it is well located, if not please someone redirect it to the place where it should be.
That's my question:
I bought my civic 2 years ago, and since I bought it, it has a connector that i don't know for what it is. its a kind of 16pin connector, its wire goes to a black box and from this box come out three cables(black, blue and whte) to a relay.
can anybody help me???
ps. sorry for my english

98ek9b20vtec

5+ Year Member
nothing stock cut the wires and throw it away probaly some alarm s**t

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No dont do that, its for the manufactrer to connect to your ecu for diagnostics.

Experience from working in ford mate.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No dont do that, its for the manufactrer to connect to your ecu for diagnostics.

Uh... no its not.

You sure you own a Honda?

98ek9b20vtec

5+ Year Member

this guy does not know what hes talkin about you have a 93 they did not come that plug.it is for something after market.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, it is a civic 93 dx coupe, and that looks like some kind of aftermarket stuff, thats why i'm asking

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nothing stock cut the wires and throw it away probaly some alarm s**t
thats exactly what he shouldnt do until he figures out what its for.

if its for alarm s**t it could be wired into the ignition some how and if he cuts the wire he may not be able to start the car.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its definitely aftermarket. follow the wires and see where they go

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its definitely aftermarket. follow the wires and see where they go
bingo. thats always the best thing to do if you dont know what something does. it will usually be a pain in the ass to do but atleast you wont screw yourself by cutting it out.

a list of modifications done to the care might help as well.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea id check to see where its spliced into before you chuck it. Its not stopping you from starting your car if it was there and you dont have the piece that clips into it. so id just check your wires and clip it off after that.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhm yes i have a honda and i have one of them too......as i noticed when the honda mechanic used it for diagnostics....

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhm yes i have a honda and i have one of them too......as i noticed when the honda mechanic used it for diagnostics....
then your car must have been converted to obd2. if it was factory then it would have atleast been wire loomed or taped at the very least. obd1 doesnt have a diagnostics port. we jsut have a little 2-pin plug by the ecu that when jumped will make the cel flash the code. theres nothing on our cars for a computer to be plugged into.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
then your car must have been converted to obd2. if it was factory then it would have atleast been wire loomed or taped at the very least. obd1 doesnt have a diagnostics port. we jsut have a little 2-pin plug by the ecu that when jumped will make the cel flash the code. theres nothing on our cars for a computer to be plugged into.
ah ok, looks alot like it then.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys, i'll follow the wires and i'll chech the ecu's code, if i found something i'll post it

JDMchula

c0up3 stAY Fr3SH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its looks like some type of kill swich were u put a key in .my grandpa had one of those in the same spot in one of his cars lol

vtec4me

5+ Year Member
If It doesn't prevent you from starting and it doesn't belong there anyway. Just tuck it under the dash with a zip tie. You don't know whats its for and why risk cutting the wrong wire.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd followed the wires and it seems to be an alarm stuff; the wires go to the ingnition and starter respectively, thanks guys for your help, i will hide it under the dash with a ziptie

Phatdx

No Longer Has A DX
5+ Year Member
If Everythings Working Fine Dont Cut It Or Even Worry About It ...
it is a lil ugly tho i would Just Unscrew it and tuck it under the dash zip tie or tape it
i think thats your best bet if everythings working ok.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't fix what aint broke!

no arreglar lo que no está roto
Mi español es peor que tu Inglés
: D