Whats up. i need some help.

KeNN

98 civic ex coupe
5+ Year Member
Whats up. i am a new member. i just got a 98 civic ex about two weeks ago. i want to make it better but i dont know what to do to it. im also knew to the car thing. i just put in 96 integra seats, and i put in a 96 integra alternator as well, and i put a short ram intake i think its called. any ideas?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Be more specific, what are you looking for? Performance, appearance, comfort? Either way, first thing I would get would be an alarm.

KeNN

98 civic ex coupe
5+ Year Member
wat kind of alarm should i put. i heard da beeper one is good.

and i need help with performance. and as far as appearance goes, does any one know where to get 16" spoon sw388 wheels.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want performance, don't waste money on intake, header, exhaust and other bolt-ons. Either swap it for a B/H/K or turbo/supercharge/nitrous.

matt9112

5+ Year Member
best and affordable/good are two different things boss you can do a simple LS b18 full swap for 140 at the crank a lil bit more than you have now a more aggressive tranny and a better power band overall...as well as an engine that will respond to bolt ons. This can be done really cheap. That is depending on how you source your parts. but a better swap all around at a higher cost would be a gsr b18 vtec or a b16 vtec motor. Both of those options have more oem hp and better trannys but you will give it to a higher cost especially for the transmission.

The other route that i don't recommend due to your experience with cars is forced induction or more commonly a super charger....turbo charger....or nitrous. these can be cheap or pricey setups depending on your needs and can be done using your engine you have now or with a b series engine.

so figure out what route you want to take....buy a hyanes manual and do some reading around here. and break out that wallet...and get ready for some story's.

edit: there are also k20 and K22 swaps but we shouldn't go there....

and drop that spoon idea don't shovel money out the window...please. look at enkeli RPF1s = light cheap and pritty niffty.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B series FTW!

First, how much are you willing to spend? And will it be a daily driven car?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1 ^^ theres soo many options out there OP.. Figure out what you want then get back to us.

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
yea this is my daily driven car. and about 2 or 3 gz.
honestly, an LS is going to be the best bang for your buck. they're easy to find, cheap, and pretty reliable. they don't make as much at the wheels as a B16 but make up for it in torque.

most junkyards here let you take whole motors for around 200-300, and long blocks(motor, no tranny) for around 150-200. best thing to do is source your motor and go from there. i would buy all the parts you need first and the motor last. just my .02

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LS + low boost for a DD would be fun.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats the diffrence between an LS, a B16, and a GSR ??
You sir have ALOT of research to do... Google is your friend! iI could tell you, but when you look for yourself, you might find alot of other useful info. We all were in the same boat at one time.. but we all searched. This forum isnt going to spoon feed you, so you have to fend for yourself.

And dont thread jack. that is a :nono:

KeNN

98 civic ex coupe
5+ Year Member
i mean i kno a b16 has about 160 horse power. and da LS has about 140. and the gsr has about 170. but i mean diffrence as in price and size.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are all Bseries engines.. some have smaller displacemement, some have longer strokes, some are more efficient then the others, the LS doesnt have vtec where the others do.. theres alot of differences between them all.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmotorsonline.com

Dood, seriously, What are you looking to do. We can tiptoe thru the tulips all day. is there a HP goal in mind?

KeNN

98 civic ex coupe
5+ Year Member
well i want to get the most out of it, but dont wanna spend so much. my friends got a 97 accord ex, a 94 teggy ls, a lancer, a g35, and a scion tc. i want something that will keep me in the game.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much is "not alot" cause going fast isnt cheap..
Ive said it time and time again..

FAST / RELIABLE / CHEAP pick 2 and the 3rd is what its not..

I have a boosted b20 and i blow away G35's all day everyday.

to do what ur saying is as least 2000-2500 plus maybe more deoending on what breaks..

are you getting an idea now? If you have a single slammer, i know a guy here that has a d16 on 17lbs of boost killing camaros and stangs.. so the lesson here is this:

DO RESEARCH!
Find a HP goal and build for that goal

KeNN

98 civic ex coupe
5+ Year Member
i got it now. lol. thanks man u helped alot.

right now i got about 2500 saved.