What's wrong with my 1990 civic dx!?

Toofast4u2

This is a link to my car below. I don't have a manual to this car. This is my daily driver. I love driving it, but it shakes back and forth during gears. It BARELY works going up hill. When I went to San Francisco forget it. I was scared to roll back into other peoples cars. It dies a lot and has a rough idle that dies out as well.

Below is a video of the ecu reading out codes i'm guessing? Help me with my car please!?
Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_zqAnMmxiM

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your ECU is throwing code 16, which suggests a problem with your fuel injection system....You should start by testing the resistance(ohms) of the injectors, to see if they are in the correct range...I'm not very familiar with this generation, so im not sure what the range is, but this information can be found in a shop manual....

Toofast4u2

Your ECU is throwing code 16, which suggests a problem with your fuel injection system....You should start by testing the resistance(ohms) of the injectors, to see if they are in the correct range...I'm not very familiar with this generation, so im not sure what the range is, but this information can be found in a shop manual....
How would I do that? Would the injectors be the problem for the following problems I listed with the car? I am also getting bad gas mileage. Full tank I barely get 200 miles. How much would injectors cost and where are they located in the car? Any pictures I could see please? Thank you!

Toofast4u2

I believe it could be the fuel injector or pressure regulator after loking at a manual I got online. I think it's the injector because tha is what the led is showing.

I removed the hazard fuse waited 10 seconds ( manual says to.) Turned the ignition switch to on. The engine started and I still recieve code 16.
]
I don't have a stehoscope to check to see if the injectors are clicking at idle. Also I don't know how to check for ohms. (they say 1.5-2.5) As well as checking resistance between the two terminals of the injector. I am new to working on cars and don't know how I could do this. Any help or suggestions? I live in san jose, CA ( the bay area)

EVIL_EF

yes u need a ohm meter to check resistance, as for the stethiscope you can use a long flat screw driver place it on the body of the injector and put your ear to the handle to listen for the "ticks"