What's your favorite road you've ever driven?

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Old Spiral Highway, 30 mins away from where I live. It's in Lewiston Idaho, amazing road. Downhill road overlooking the city of Lewistion. It doesn't look paved in the the picture with my car in it but it is, with like new asphalt.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS365US366&q=old+spiral+highway+lewiston+id&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x54a034e16a7135cd:0xb80cc840f1b87396,Old+Spiral+Hwy,+Lewiston,+ID&gl=us&ei=vzVFT8PtNoLViALJnsjODg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The autobahn!!! im too lazy to find a map. so ill just explain which parts of it i drove on. From the france border to Stuttgart, from Stuttgart to Holland. Something like 500km. maybe ill add a map later
Here's the whole route i took, i only liked driving in germany... Paris is hell to drive in, Amsterdam is gorgeous but too small of roads. i did this tour in dec 2011 and it is by far the best road trip/drive i have ever been on.

F.) Paris, France
B.) Luxembourg, Luxembourg
C.) Stuttgart, Germany
D.) Amsterdam, Holland
E.) Brussels, Belgium

Note: we didn't take this exact route, but this is pretty much it.

German drivers are the best drivers on earth imo. i didnt have a single bit of road rage their, and I get road rage real quick (having grown up in Los Angeles).

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^Isn't the speed limit on that road 35 MPH?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I honestly don't care for Tail of the Dragon because it's too highly populated and I enjoy looking for different roads to cruise on.
when i went, there was a landslide that same morning, blocking access from the north. i drove the hour and a half around thru the cherohala skyway and took the southern access. the road was empty and i got to really enjoy it. stopped at the dam overlook to just enjoy being there when i saw a lotus elise pop through followed by a trio of bmw minis about 5 minutes after that. the five of us were the only ones on that road that afternoon =)

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
^^^Isn't the speed limit on that road 35 MPH?
Sometimes................lol but that's the only shitty part about the entire Blue Ridge Parkway its all 35mph

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
avg speed of 71.44 mph on an interstate is your favorite drive?

[youtube=kenny loggins]V8rZWw9HE7o[/youtube]
Sorry I cant remember the exact distance as I wasnt sure where we were. Figure in a 15 min pit stop (240sx we were with had his oil light come on).

Me in my GSR with a high comp KA 240 and a bolt on 5spd 3.5 altima (dont knock them they will trap 101mph) doing 60 rolls for over 100 miles was fun to me

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
vq35 altimas are a lot of f'n fun and way lighter than maximas with the same engine. yeah i can see how doing a bunch of highway pulls with your friends can be fun =)

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
vq35 altimas are a lot of f'n fun and way lighter than maximas with the same engine. yeah i can see how doing a bunch of highway pulls with your friends can be fun =)
The drive itself is normally lame, but nice and flat forever and three wide for long stretches made up for it