That's flea market garbage

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know man. It is your call, but I personally wouldn't do it. The warranty is the only thing that is tempting to me. I don't trust power acoustik and at least one review says that the software sucks. Looks flashy, but if it can't do what I want, I look the other way. Everything I have seen in the past that is power acoustik has been cheap Chinese junk, and I don't trust that this is any different.

For what it is worth, I picked up my Kenwood Excelon flip out 4 years ago for $300 on eBay with an added Ipod integration cable. Brand new it was a $1400 unit plus another $100 for the Ipod hook up. It even has a detachable panel for theft security.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
decided against the power acustic instead probably going for a pioneer AVH-P4200 there around 300-330 refurbished.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The pioneer AVH-P4200 is a double din screen, not a flip out though isn't it?

Good choice, either way.

To be honest, I would love to eliminate the flip out and put a double din touch screen in mine, but there is no room in my 5th gen without decent modification. I would also have to relocate or ditch my ac controls. I have a lower optional console but I am undecided weather I want it down there or not...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes its a single din i figure it will be somthing diffrent and a bit cleaner though i do like the flipouts
for the fact it raises the screen more eye level. my original intention was to have both a flipout and a cd player for better sound quality over the jensen.