Whats your take on this Si 2000, yes I am quite the noob.

IrJDMnoob

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4043858659.html

Legit gsr swap, with all around well parts im guessing...nothing pops up ebay really...
Im not very inclined on what to look for to be honest.

INB4 WHY JUMP ON SOMETHING "built"

reason: I originally planned on getting a stock 240sx....I've come to reality that there is no point starting out something that difficult while being in college... This civic si may be built but there is still potential...It is built by a shop there so thats checked...adn the interior looked very good...which usually is a plus to me...

I haven't gone to it yet since its an hour away, HENCE i came here in need of opinions...Honestly it looks ricey, with the rims....and 8500 is quite overboard in my opinion.

So what do you think? I'm not inclined on price so I'd start out maybe 5500? Have not negotiated at all yet.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It looks good, but 8500 is too much, and 5500 seems like a lowball. I'd start with 6k and see where it goes.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't pay more than 7 for it

Then ditch the extra header(s), fake HID's, front tag, and the claim of fastest N/A Si he's seen.

More mods you have = less bargaining power he has, good luck.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$8500 is way too high.

Personally, I would hit him at $6000. Sell the wheels, bra, retarded front plate, and tow hooks to a fan boy, retrofit the h.i.d.s into proper housings, and drive it until the motor blows. He said he has paperwork on the tuning, not the motor build. I don't trust anything like this unless they have definite proof.

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
agree with what everyone says. $6K sounds good

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I don't even have to look. These guys know what they're talking about. $6k club!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Clean stock em1s go for 6-7 where I'm at. Mods only decrease the value for me, especially engines because they are easy to screw up. Guess I'm in the $6k club too. Looks clean and taken care of, just be cautious.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no silly goose, i meant a full thing...The site i used got shutdown. I just want to know if its had major damage done.
Well thats not really what you asked now is it? Silly goose...

IrJDMnoob

$8500 is way too high.

Personally, I would hit him at $6000. Sell the wheels, bra, retarded front plate, and tow hooks to a fan boy, retrofit the h.i.d.s into proper housings, and drive it until the motor blows. He said he has paperwork on the tuning, not the motor build. I don't trust anything like this unless they have definite proof.

he told me no, i bought all online
then he indicated that he knows the mechanic in "enter city there."

I then asked about the motor...since well something has to come with that?

im waiting reply
: he said he bought it from a guy in florida...which makes me suspicious....how does he know its 11k?

The only thing i could do is bring a compression test but i feel like a douche if i do that....but only 11k on a b18c1? that seems so unikely...or like very big in cash to afford... I could go for 50k in miles but im not sure...11k seems to good.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
"If it seems too good to be true, it usually is..."

You're not a douche. You want to make sure it's running properly, especially being "fully built" :roll: so check anything & everything.

Personally, I'd suggest you find something as close to stock as possible. That way its history is a lot easier to know/figure out and less worries about problems down the road.

IrJDMnoob

"If it seems too good to be true, it usually is..."

You're not a douche. You want to make sure it's running properly, especially being "fully built" :roll: so check anything & everything.

Personally, I'd suggest you find something as close to stock as possible. That way its history is a lot easier to know/figure out and less worries about problems down the road.
well atleast the title is clean, like all of it....

I really don't know much but ill buy a compression test look how to do it...then guess just drive it around and listen for leaks, rattling, grinding ,etc.

I asked him why he wants to sell as i do everyone and he told me he really wants a newer car...350z...which is why he wants to sell this...I asked him whats wrong with a civic? And he said nothing, he would love to keep it and listed everything he wanted to do...2 step control or something...boost...the works...His friend got a 350 which is what made him want one..

However young...I will look into it..thanks...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Ok, so I had to look at the ad. I have to admit, $6k is pretty low. If that were my car, i'd be asking all of $8k too. Price depends on your area but I think $5k would be a steal, $6k would be a good deal, $7k you're a little high but nothing to cry about, $8k you're getting boned but SOMEONE will buy it if he holds out long enough. If he's not in a rush, he'll probably find a high dollar buyer. Or he'll part it out which is what he should do if he really wants to get 8.5k.

Maybe offer him something to trade as well as cash? Car looks sick IMO. If all the info is legit...

EDIT: And to take it a step further, after $7k, there's other cars I would much rather have than a Civic. I've always had a thing for swapped BMW E30's. I love just about any early to mid 90's import but the E30 pretty much takes the cake for me. There's plenty of CLEAN M5 swaps floating around the country for around 10k which IMO would be worth saving for.

.... anywayzzz

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if that was my car, I'd ask for atleast 7k. 6k is a lowball imo.

and only the lip and fogs looks dookie. and the hellagay stance.