Wheel and tire recommendations?

randoaus000

I have a super clean, white 1999 Civic Dx Coupe and I am on a pretty tight budget at the moment. I definitely cant afford $700 BBS wheels, but I also wont give up on good quality things, even if it means saving a bit more cash. I have never done wheel and tire purchasing like this before, so i am searching for your wisdom. I do want to buy the wheels and tires with coilovers as well.

My main questions are:
1. Are 15*8's, 15*9's, or 16*8's good sizes?
2. What are some wheel recommendations from you guys?
and 3. Whats the story on tire stretching? Good or bad idea?

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and respond! I could use all the help I can get!

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well for starters. What are your plans for suspension.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
i would recommend checking your local classifieds and see what is available for you. you might be able to pick up some higher quality wheels and pay a fraction of what you would pay for new.

randoaus000

Id like to lower it around 2 inches. Ive seen some of the basic Tein ones that i can get for a decent price. Koni is nice, but just a little to much out of my price range. I dont think I would ever really want my car to be stanced, but I like the look that stretched tires give the wheels. Im just unsure if its just a dumb thing to do and a waste of money.

Im also concerned that 15*9 is to wide a width without having substantial negative camber... or if it would make it look like a monster truck.