Wheel SIze

n20andy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wondering why nobody seems to go above 15-16" wheels. Is it just for performance?

ryanM

n20andy said:
Just wondering why nobody seems to go above 15-16" wheels. Is it just for performance?
cuz anything bigger than that looks stupid on a civic. occasionally 17"s look decent, if your not going for performance at all. but anything larger than that just looks retarded

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
true that, ive got a set f 15 by 6.5 and during summer im getting a set of 16 by 7, but thats the biggest u can go.

plus when a pebble can bend your rim, just driving around think about what could happen while racing

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no pics so moved.

Defintion

5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
cuz anything bigger than that looks stupid on a civic. occasionally 17"s look decent, if your not going for performance at all. but anything larger than that just looks retarded
It doesn't look retarded..nor stupid...Everyone has different taste....So basically you just stated your opinion..

I have 20"s on a civic, no performace mods...

white_egizzle6

5+ Year Member
Defintion said:
It doesn't look retarded..nor stupid...Everyone has different taste....So basically you just stated your opinion..

I have 20"s on a civic, no performace mods...
yeah it does look stupid and dumb and just plain stupid, and your stupid if u think it looks good

Defintion

5+ Year Member
white_egizzle6 said:
yeah it does look stupid and dumb and just plain stupid, and your stupid if u think it looks good
Wow..And here I thought most people old enough to drive were mature...

Actually it does look good, I'll post pictures...and it's ok, I know every forum have their "e-popular members", d**k riding isn't a bad thing..

Peace.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17x7 is perfect for autocross racing... smaller rims for drag and every day performance. I've got 17's but wish I would have gone with a smaller rim but everyone loves my rims on my car. 17's just start to weigh to much unless you spend 500/rim for a forged rim.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white_egizzle6 said:
you just called thousands of people stupid... as already stated, its all opinion and what you do with your car.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on a civic i would prefer only 15's...i put some 16 inch rota slips on my EJ8 and it rubbed like crazy, also didn't look too good...

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everyone has there own taste. i prefer 15's to 16's. but i have seen 17's that i really like on civics.

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 18's and no fender gap and it looks really good. as far as performance reasons i can't tell much of a difference.

white_egizzle6

5+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
you just called thousands of people stupid... as already stated, its all opinion and what you do with your car.
im just saying 20's look stupid as f**k 17's and 18's look good tho.my friend has a si with 17's but he is about to go smaller, it looks good tho to me! but my "OPINION" is big wheels go on f**king big cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a luxury car or a escalade or something dont put that s**t on thur!!!! .......... < this was a opion no one be offended
opioins are like assholes everyone has one!!!

Defintion

5+ Year Member
white_egizzle6 said:
im just saying 20's look stupid as f**k 17's and 18's look good tho.my friend has a si with 17's but he is about to go smaller, it looks good tho to me! but my "OPINION" is big wheels go on f**king big cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a luxury car or a escalade or something dont put that s**t on thur!!!! .......... < this was a opion no one be offended
I actually have a 93 Suburban with 22"s on bags....with an Avanlanche front end..

I have an 03 Sedan, they aren't small cars compared to other generation civic-20's look normal on it, specially after the drop.....Not to big, nor to small. Trust me, I'm very picky....and I have nice taste....I'll post pictures no later then tomorrow..

And if you really want to know....I'm looking into getting either one of the following: 300C, Magnum, Charger....Yeah you're probably right, 24"s on it...if I can get my job straight..

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What's the deal with the guy who thinks "20's look stupid as f**k"? Everyone has their own opinion.. Hell, what are those on your EG, 13's? In my opinion, I would rather be riding on rusted steelies than those.. And did you paint your hood black? :lol: A follower are we?... So to every man their own. Man, if you want to ride 20's on your civic, do it. Just dont get what everyone else THINKS you should get.. You'll never be happy..

Big wheels go on big cars eh? So the monte carlo in Training day needed 24's? No, try again..

And btw, Ive seen civics with 20's, and they dont look half bad, just too expensive for me lol.. I ride 15-16 because of the comfortable ride..

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sodee said:
And btw, Ive seen civics with 20's, and they dont look half bad, just too expensive for me lol.. I ride 15-16 because of the comfortable ride..
and the constant worry of bending a rim :scurred:

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
15-16 is the best all around. they look good, they fit, and if anything for autocross they are too big.

the top racers in the US, autocross that is, are using 13 in rims, they do this so they can have a super wide tire without eating there fenders.

20's are gay and i know you rub so dont try and say they fit.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white_egizzle6 said:
< this was a opion no one be offended
its ok to state the opinion

white_egizzle6 said:
yeah it does look stupid and dumb and just plain stupid,
you dont have to be so abbrasive.. but it is still just your opinion.. i personally dont like anything over 16's on a civic..

the PROBLEM starts here:
white_egizzle6 said:
and your stupid if u think it looks good
the name calling.. is uncalled for and is resulting in a warning..

state your opinion about cars all you want when asked for it.. but the name calling is a no no..

thanks..

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15x7 rim with a 205/50r15 is about the ideal setup for any civic.

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
My car has 17's and i dont mind them yes i would rather have 15's but these were only 200 bucks for all four of them "Got them from a buddy of mine".