Wheel Torque 96 DX Coupe....

AlbusAngelus

Project B18-T
5+ Year Member
Torque Specs on the Lug's of 96 DX Coupe... got all the tires off now cleaning everything and... um... need to put them back on...lol

Thanks!

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its 80 ft lbs but dont quote me on that...

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol dont quote him, u might warpe ur rim if its to much lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
80lb/ft, it should be "snug" with a 16"-18" tire iron

NEVER USE IMPACT GUNS WITH LUG KEYS
ive learned from experience

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol tighten it till the mother clicks...
but yeh 74-80 ft/lbs ;)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres a torque measurement for LUGNUTS?

Come the f**k on people, tighten them shits up till you cant move them anymore... jesus.

Who the f**k can warp a rim by tightening lugnuts?

Seriously I have never seen/heard of such a thing EVAR!!!!! lol

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh there is torque specifications for the lug nuts...
if u make them too tight u'll get warped rotors snapped studs..etc...
but yeh rule of thumb for any bolt though is u stop when it clicks..;)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, I NEVER heard of that.. Not one mechanic i know has EVER looked at a book, whipped otu the torque wrench, NOTHING to put wheels back on..

Oh well, I guess you learn something everyday! =)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they dont..i havent till this day..but there is one..:lol:

infact mechanics just put on the impact and tighten it till it doesn't anymore..:rolf:

AlbusAngelus

Project B18-T
5+ Year Member
Does the fact they are alum rims make a diff in the torque? They are junk ALT rims.... I don't have paper work as they were on the car when I bought them I checked their site too... nothin?

AlbusAngelus

Project B18-T
5+ Year Member
Um oh and the not using a torque wrench.... My uncle just had his tires changed not to long ago ...at sears... (its my uncle :roll: ) and they didn't torque em...at 70 on the highway he lost a tire flew and a semiwindshield and he spun off the road..... Luckily no-one was hurt....just shaken...

I think I'll torque my tires.....

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AlbusAngelus said:
Um oh and the not using a torque wrench.... My uncle just had his tires changed not to long ago ...at sears... (its my uncle :roll: ) and they didn't torque em...at 70 on the highway he lost a tire flew and a semiwindshield and he spun off the road..... Luckily no-one was hurt....just shaken...
and you didn;t sue them?!!! are you CRAZY! you could have gotten so much money out of them...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
wow, I NEVER heard of that.. Not one mechanic i know has EVER looked at a book, whipped otu the torque wrench, NOTHING to put wheels back on..

Oh well, I guess you learn something everyday! =)
motorsport shops are the only shops that i have ever seen use a torque wrench on lugs.

as for stripping threads from a bolt or warping/cracking wheels, its possible to do with a long enough wrench. the honda tire iron (12" i think) that came in the little black pouch in your trunk just wont do that kind of damage

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AlbusAngelus said:

haha this happened to me..like back in 2000..
on my accord..we had just dropped it the night before...and i guess lugs on one wheel weren't tight enough..
all 4 of them bitches came off inthe 3rd lane of a 4 lane hway...and my wheel came out and went in bet my fender gap..
come out..and see the lugs lying there chillen..:lol:

moral of the story..dont trust any`1 else with ur lugs..tighten them bishes urself ;)