Wheels

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know that this may technically belong in the wheels and tires section, but Id like to keep it here to see what other 7th gen'ers think.
Here's my car:

It has the stock 15 inch Si rims on it. They weigh 16.5 pounds. I recently came across 16 inch Enkei RS6's which weigh 19.5 pounds. Im not sure whether I should grab the rims or not. What do you guys think? I think the 16 inch rims would look better than the 15 inch ones, but theyre a little heavier. My car will be lowered by the time the new wheels go on, if i get them, so dont worry about that.

P.S. The rims dont come with tires.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the RS6's are also silver.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're not auto-xing it so just get what looks good.The effect on daily driving is negligible.

05-06 RSX rims weight around 19 pounds.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you do end up getting those rs6's, wanna sell me those Si stockies?

CivEx1021

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: on that^^^^^^ im closer lollollol

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Throw me an offer, they arent from the 99-00 Si's, theyre the stock '03. Not sure if that matters to either of you, but I wanted to throw that out there. Both the wheels on the right side also have some slight curbage. if youre still interested than throw me a PM and I will send some pictures.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
got pics of the rims? and price with and without tires? what kind of drop are you looking at? these kind of things would help us opinionate better ;)

*but so far, i say go for it ;):thumbup:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Are you talking about my rims or the RS6's? For now I will be just be putting in a set of Eibach Pro-kits. Getting full coilovers later on. Sorry TK.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a few pounds on wheels shouldn't even be a noticable difference.

like someone said to me before "your car is slow anyways so dont worry about weight " lol, but then he was just talking about putting subs and other kinda crap in the back.

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
Don't take less than 175.00 per rim(without tire). Stock rims cost a bundle and when you sell them cheap you'll be kicking yourself later.

Remember to get a thick enough sidewall to absorb potholes. I had 17 enkei's with a thin tire and bent the hell outta them boys. Try to keep stock diameter when putting bigger wheels on your car, discount tire has a wheel calculator on their website.

Your suspension will thank you.

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
a few pounds on wheels shouldn't even be a noticable difference.

like someone said to me before "your car is slow anyways so dont worry about weight " lol, but then he was just talking about putting subs and other kinda crap in the back.
Taking out your spare tire will give you a few pounds to offset any weight issues. I have never had to use a spare(knock on wood).

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

lol i didnt know what rim it was, i use to love those..

i say, with coilovers, beefy tires, go for it ;):thumbup:

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member

lol i didnt know what rim it was, i use to love those..

i say, with coilovers, beefy tires, go for it ;):thumbup:
I had the same style but mine were gunmetal teamed up with some thin ass bfgoodrich gf sports. Gripped the road like crazy glue but the ride was hell.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i only like those on accords.. haha the 5th gen accords

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I will have to see what my car looks like lowered first. I still want enough rubber to keep the ride smooth. Depending on what the drop looks like, I might just get some slightly lower profile tires for my Si's.

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
you can still have a smooth ride even on a 35 series tire. it all just depends on how much cash you wanna dump in tires/rims