wheels

02civiLX21

I want whatever these two are smoking.

1st off, yes, go with whatever YOU like, not what anyone else likes. BUT, if you want a nice ride, 18's are far from that. Not to mention they make your car look like a mini monster truck. Plus you also run into the dangers of completely just destroying them by hitting potholes (yes that danger is there for every wheel but much higher of a risk with something as big as an 18).

Imo - stick around the 16 inchers. Looks nice with a good drop.
mine rides pretty smooth with the 18's, and where im from potholes are not a factor, and with it lowered it doesnt look like a monster truck..i like the way it looks imo will 16's look nice yes but thats not my style, yes it is his choice but from my experience i have no complaints

civic0918

Registered VIP
Everyone has their own style. I have 17's with a lowered car no fender gap and its close to the ground 16's you could get a fatter tire and stay the same height. I seen a few civic's with 18's and they looked good and some how still were low. If you dont have alot of pot holes i wouldnt see any problem at all. Were im from we got big as holes in the road and im going threw tie rods left and right. So i gotta drop wheel size and get more meaty tires. I say if you can do it go for it. One of the baddest civic's i ever seen rocks 18's he is a local must be rich or something cuz he changes engine's like i do shoe's..

Foxracer

17's are classic. I'm probably gettin some soon. 18's are just asking to get ripped on. It's your ride though so do what you want with it

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please dont get anything 18 or bigger they look terrible and alot of 7th gens rep them but look like trash, if ur gunna go big rim get 20's and make sure they spin. if u got money check out BBS rs's those look ill im not a fan of big rims they add to the ricer

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
mine rides pretty smooth with the 18's, and where im from potholes are not a factor, and with it lowered it doesnt look like a monster truck..i like the way it looks imo will 16's look nice yes but thats not my style, yes it is his choice but from my experience i have no complaints
This is not meant as an a*****e post. But Im interested to see what your car looks like. If you dont want to post it in this thread for fear that it will get flamed, PM a picture of it to me. I wont share it or flame. Just curious about how it looks.

Edit: Also, you are lucky as hell if you have a smooth ride. Im at stock height with stock wheels and I have to dodge the potholes we have here...........

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No worries about getting flamed.. I don't let that happen in 7th gen.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You cant prevent it from happening, you can only delete the posts and issue infractions. Im saying to avoid that whole situation, he could just PM me the picture. I would really like to see what it looks like. The only EM2 I saw with 18's didnt look good in my eyes, then again it also had silver/black tint, a huge wing, and a body kit. Seriously though Im going to PM you and ask for a pic dude.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im sorry, but i know everyone has their own style and i encourage that, but im just baffled at how many people are showing up on this site ("noobs") and just have a completely different style than what im used to seeing here. Yea, i havent been around long but i must have came at a point just before this started changing. It was cool how we all had the same basic ideas and would not flame, but give advice and sway people who came in with the 17" and up fever.

civic0918

Registered VIP
do what you like...

I ask opinions on wheels and everyone here hate the wheels i just picked. I dont care i love em,but i did enjoy the opinions its nice to see options. I change wheels alot so i figured if they are ugly oh well ill get new one's in a month or so anyway. Well here is a pic of the ones i just got that everyone voted against.
[/URL][/IMG] I like it! But im painting my car in july anyway a dark royal blue so i may switch wheels then. My point here is get what you really like not what everyone else like's. Where i live everyone is flashy so im going the other way with dark. There is a 7th gen near by rocking some 18's it's lowered with a grill and tinted window's and that car is so nice if i get a chance i'll snap ya a pic. It would make a great motivator.

projecthatch

like everybody else said get what you like, who care's what anybody thinks there not driving it...i would throw some bronze lookin rims on there..17-18's sh*t would look niiiiiiice

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
for a 7th Gen 17's are the perfect size in my opinion

go to Cardoman.com and look at all the different styles and sizes of wheels on 7th Gen Civics.