when and how low should i lower my ride?

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell yeah! he loves buying my car stuff. for the holidays n s**t. hes got a good amount of money. he just gave each of his brothers $1000.00 for christmas lol

lanojp1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u lucky lil bastard...i have to buy all my own s**t..

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dropped my car around 1.5" with tein s tech springs. Good height for daily drive.

IthinkyourloSt

RegisteredTrafficViolator
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got skunk2 coilovers and i dropped my 03 right on the tires flush, looks very nice, just a lil bumpy as to be expected.

Resume Stylez

Needs some go fast stuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lower it 3 - 4 inches. It looks good. That's how low mine is. Then get 17's and you should be set.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drop it like its hot!!!!

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think hes already gonna use the skunk2 coilovers....whise choice, very wise

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by EM1_ProJect
ok what you gotta do is wait approx. 8 months that you have had your car. if you wait any longer it shouldn't be lowered due to the overuseage of your suspension kit. then you go to your local mechanics shop and tell them you want your springs cut. with cut springs this allows you to get maximum suspension upgrade for your ride. good luck =)

(ignore all of the above)
(i 5th their notion)
umm...i rather just buy springs. like other people sayz...im not gonna go cheap. i still dunno how low to drop it. i was planning on getting 18 inch rims. if i lower it too much then dont i need to buy a camber kit?

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 04civic
umm...i rather just buy springs. like other people sayz...im not gonna go cheap. i still dunno how low to drop it. i was planning on getting 18 inch rims. if i lower it too much then dont i need to buy a camber kit?
Camber kits arent needed with any springs. Most people suggest them because of bad tire wear. What kind wheels are you going to get?
Pick one, look for off set of wheels, tire sizes, Tires might rub with low drop. Springs are cheaper than coilovers. even sleeved coilover costs around $300. That will give you chance to adjust height whenever, however everytime you adjust height of the car. You will want realignment. I thought you were getting fullcoilover setup? or just aftermarket springs on stock shocks..I went with springs on oem shocks. But I am planning to get fullcoilover eventually, hopefully soon.
i was gonna do a 2.5 front, 2.0 rear drop with skunk2 coilovers and a skunk 2 camber kit. does that sound ok, guys? i dont have money for shocks right now...but that should be ok for a nice ride!
Ride will get worse and worse everyday. prepare to buy aftermarket shocks in the future. Sleeved coilovers spring rates are so much higher than aftermarket springs.
hell yeah! he loves buying my car stuff. for the holidays n s**t. hes got a good amount of money. he just gave each of his brothers $1000.00 for christmas lol
Bastard.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was plannin on gettin 18 inch racinghart CR rims. with perrali tires.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wat do u think i should do? just get springs or coilovers?

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 04civic
wat do u think i should do? just get springs or coilovers?
Its really up to you... IF you have plenty money to spend. Get fullcoilovers, I dont like Koni yellow shocks for 7thgen, Needs to be modify and s**t to put on the car. Most of shops will charge s**t load of money to put koni yellow shocks. Fullcoilovers would be alot better.imo I had tein ss fullcoilovers on my 02 ex. I was more than happy with purchase. Cost around $1100 but well buit. Alot stiffer than oem suspension setup. 04 stock wheels are pretty nice. Get fullcoilvers and camber kit. Roll on 04 stock wheels for while until you can afford to buy racing harts. You will have option to adjust height anytime. Thats my suggestion. I was too poor to buy fullcoilover setup for new si. I went with springs for now. Temporary setup, I will upgrade eventually...