When is the right time to drink protein shake?

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any opinions on that p90x program. ive had some friends use it and they have good things to say about it. ive done the workout thing on and off and i can never seem to stick to it...mostly cause of lack of time. i work 50-60hrs a week so no time for the gym but i was thinking p90x cause i can do it at home.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
from what I remember when I used to read alot of articles about bodybuilding
whey protein = post workout
casein protein = before bed

check out this site bodybuilding.com

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
from what I remember when I used to read alot of articles about bodybuilding
whey protein = post workout
casein protein = before bed

check out this site bodybuilding.com
goood to know :thumbs up

been taking a whey protein shake after each time i work out lately!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Started 12/19/09 from a 3 year break (5'11 & 208lbs):

12/26/09:

01/05/10:

* Currently in the bulking stage of my workouts until the 25th of this month; then 8 weeks of cutting after!

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just started working out again. I remember cutting to about 170 to get into the air force and bulking up to 205 in a few months by spring and 215 by that summer. I ate half a whole weat bagel on my way to the gym for energy (no simple carbs) then I would work out. Stretching and keeping hydrated throughout. Right when I was done, I had two rounded scoops of protein already in a mixe in the locker. Add some water and pound. I don't ever remember getting sore except for leg days. Also, legs are key to any workout because thy are the largest muscles in the body and therefore release the most grown hormone, which is beneficial whether you're trying to burn, build red or white.