Where can I buy this transmission part?

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Where the arrow points, I'm not certain on what exactly it's called and where to find either an OEM or Synchrotech/MFactory replacement. Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction? Thank you for your time.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try looking up the parts diagram on a parts dealer site, identify the part #, then begin your search.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try looking up the parts diagram on a parts dealer site, identify the part #, then begin your search.
Thanks, but I know how to google and haven't had luck finding what I'm looking for. That's why I posted.

If anyone has something helpful to post, please do so!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. Just keep in mind for future reference that we get many people who post simple questions and dont search, so if you dont tell us what youve tried then it seems likely you didnt try. It doesnt help that you provided no details about your car. Post the details & Ill see what I can find for you.

Restotech

Respected
It's been probably 10 years since I rebuilt a 5 th gen mt but back then I could only get parts from the dealer.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That is the synchronizer sleeve, you can get them from the dealer. But they will only sell it to you as the complete 1-2 syncro set. I actually have some laying in a box still packed up. Im sure I can sell you one. I have rebuilt about 50 Honda manual transmissions, got these things tattooed to the inside of eyelids, gauge clearances, torque specs and all.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. Just keep in mind for future reference that we get many people who post simple questions and dont search, so if you dont tell us what youve tried then it seems likely you didnt try. It doesnt help that you provided no details about your car. Post the details & Ill see what I can find for you.
Sorry, I re-read my post and I sounded like an a*****e. That wasn't my intention! I'm trying to rebuild an LS transmission for my turbo B18 setup. I hope and expect around 600 whp from it.

That is the synchronizer sleeve, you can get them from the dealer. But they will only sell it to you as the complete 1-2 syncro set. I actually have some laying in a box still packed up. Im sure I can sell you one. I have rebuilt about 50 Honda manual transmissions, got these things tattooed to the inside of eyelids, gauge clearances, torque specs and all.
How much would something like this cost or what would you sell one for? Can they be bought hardened/upgraded from Synchrotech or other company?

Thanks for all of your responses!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Looks like they also sell them in sets. Ill get them unpacked tomorrow and take a look at them and give you a price.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@A]]Th!ngSound I just dug those parts out and I'll ship you one for $100. It is used but it good condition.

Also that is a hardened unit and you want to use hardened parts with other hardened parts. You gotta remember that the syncro rings are made of brass-alloy. Not as soft as standard brass but they dont stand up to hardened components as long. They are best to use together with hardened components.

Can you use it with your factory syncro rings, sure but it will wear out faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@A]]Th!ngSound I just dug those parts out and I'll ship you one for $100. It is used but it good condition.

Also that is a hardened unit and you want to use hardened parts with other hardened parts. You gotta remember that the syncro rings are made of brass-alloy. Not as soft as standard brass but they dont stand up to hardened components as long. They are best to use together with hardened components.

Can you use it with your factory syncro rings, sure but it will wear out faster.
I have the carbon master kit from synchrotech already. I'll see where my finances are, and if things don't work out as well as I hope they do, I'll contact you to arrange a deal. Thanks!

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@@Spooled@ or anyone else that might know, I've reassembled my transmission after replacing several worn parts and the gear sliders. Now, I have this worry that there's too much play on one of the top bearings (which is an OEM new bearing) on the main shaft. Here's a video from my crappy phone that shows the play (in beautiful 240p goodness):

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Note the direction of which you installed the support bearing. Go back through and check the clearances of each component as well.

upload_2016-3-27_14-10-10.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Note the direction of which you installed the support bearing. Go back through and check the clearances of each component as well.
Thanks for the reply man. What is that pic from? I'm guessing I mentioned the wrong shaft in my post, as the one I'm talking about has 2 bearings at the top.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I just updated the graphic, I uploaded the countershaft previously my mistake. It is now the main shaft which is what you need.