5+ Year Member
pretty sure they are illegal

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
illegal because i think the brake light has to be red..and iunno if they make red bulbs..and illegal because.....he said so

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those are pretty damn ugly. They are illegal cause theres no red in them.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they have to have a reflecter of red on them to be legal...and IMO they are straight ugly.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aegis said:
Why would they be illegal?
you need the red when you brake. you probably could get around this by getting red tail light bulbs. just like when you see people with smoked tail lights it black on the outside but the red light comes on when they brake. also check if they are dot legal and street legal. personally i'd get the 99-00 civic lights

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bought a set of those for 15 bucks on ebay.. i did a project painting them red

mule

5+ Year Member
Aegis said:
Why would they be illegal?
it has been awhile since i have personally seen these on a car, but if you are following a person with clear tail lights they reflect your headlights right back at you. can be blinding. that is why i was under the impression that they were illegal. but for all i know its an urban legend.

here is a link to em on ebay if your interested though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140054407021&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:MT:1

Aegis

5+ Year Member
On that ebay link you gave me it said:

SAE/DOT Approved Street Legal
Altezzas comply with all federal regulations and are DOT compliant.

97-ferio

5+ Year Member
well.........if you really wanna get 'em, you could just paint your brakelight bulbs red or buy red bulbs...the same goes for the signal bulbs...i saw a civic with these same lights on it last year, and IMO it looked odd...when these lights start to get old (as in age, not popularity) they really don't look too good. and the worst part about buying stuff like this on eBay is that most times it doesn't sit flush, so then all the lines on the car are thrown off, and it makes your car look cheap. i'd say go for the red/clears..but hey, don't let what i've said stop ya, it's your car not mine.;)

mule

5+ Year Member
Aegis said:

it does say that, but it is ebay and they can lie.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think they are illegal as long as you put the correct color bulbs in. And yes, they make red bulbs.

avenger

loves the clutch
5+ Year Member
they are illegal in california.
Lack of rear reflectors. Two red reflectors are required on the rear of cars and trucks (24607 VC).
not technically illegal, but on a car w/o some special other reflectors makes it illegal

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aegis said:

they ARE illegal. the reflectors must be red as stated above. but if you don't want to take our words for it, you can go ahead and buy them and tell us about how you got pulled over for them. you can find them on ebay easy.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can use them with red bulbs and yellow or red signal, but you need a red bumper reflector then too. and didnt the clear tail fad end in the 90s?