Where do you guys weigh your cars?

ACE4DOOR

Banned
I was just wondering because, I see post like, "I weighed my car the other day, and it weighs 2456lbs with me plus the DOHC motor in it" I was thinking you'll go to weigh stations for trucks, and if you'll do, how in the hell do the people at the stations have time for some kid who is just curious about the weight of his Civic? Most likely, they would tell you to get that piece of sh*t out of hear. Pease tell me because I smell Bull sh*t.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ACE4DOOR said:
I was just wondering because, I see post like, "I weighed my car the other day, and it weighs 2456lbs with me plus the DOHC motor in it" I was thinking you'll go to weigh stations for trucks, and if you'll do, how in the hell do the people at the stations have time for some kid who is just curious about the weight of his Civic? Most likely, they would tell you to get that piece of sh*t out of hear. Pease tell me because I smell Bull sh*t.
they'll do it if you flip them a 10. or 20 if their jerks. as long as their not busy they'll do it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
look for industrial areas near you. some of them have truck weighing stations, so that they can check their weight before they get on the road

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
people weigh in their car at the can/bottle/paper recycling places..most truck weight station wont let you weigh in a car..but with some cash..they might do it..but recycling places is your best bet..

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
most truck weigh stations dont turn their scales off at night or when they're closed., i weighed mine about a week ago and took a picture of the readout

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
:werd: always go at night!!!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can also try going to the dump ... a lot of them charge via weight so just wait in line, check the readout (at the napa dump its right on the tower) then tell the people you dont actually have anything to dump you just wanted to weigh your car and swing it behind the tower and head home.

Retro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the local scale operators wait till you drive on and give you the thumbs up...

they don't want money or nothin...

only problem is that its in kilo's not pounds :(

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I was thinking about doing that tomarrow..They have a little weight station about 20 miles from my house...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Retro said:
the local scale operators wait till you drive on and give you the thumbs up...

they don't want money or nothin...

only problem is that its in kilo's not pounds :(
there's nothing wrong at all with kilos. i prefer them to pounds

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
most truck weigh stations dont turn their scales off at night or when they're closed., i weighed mine about a week ago and took a picture of the readout

wow coupes are heavy. My hatch weighs just over 2100lbs. We have public weigh stations on the side of the road. It's pretty sweet.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just go to the place where you have to get your emissions tested, I've gone before when I wasn't required to

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sound Streamin' said:
wow coupes are heavy. My hatch weighs just over 2100lbs. We have public weigh stations on the side of the road. It's pretty sweet.
is that with your system? the 2500lbs is with me, my system, a couple extra amps laying in my trunk, my golf clubs, and a shitload of illegal fireworks.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
2500lbs too light or 2100 too light?

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2500, especialy with you in it, your system, golf clubs, and extra amps

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
2500, especialy with you in it, your system, golf clubs, and extra amps
hmm...... i know i had the amps in there... and i'm pretty sure the clubs were in the trunk that night... but i'm not positive. but my clubs + bag only weighs like 30lbs

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We have a lot of gravel pits around here. Go in the shack and ask them to weigh you when there are no trucks in line. Or go to your local scrap yard and ask them, I felt stupid asking but now I know (2300lbs)

mr_ducksauce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought civic ex coupes from 92 - 95 were around 2,500 right off the bat, i know dx coupes are pretty light but u have an ex