Where is the best jack point on a 1998 DX

dmm26

Hey all! I m the proud new owner of a 1998 Civic DX. I have never owned a honda before so I really don't know all that much about them, so please bear with me. I have searched around the net to answer this question and haven't really come up with a good answer.

I want to do a full tune up on the car but the problem is it came with a full body kit and is pretty low to the ground. I'm pretty sure my floor jack will not fit underneath the car at all. What other options do I have other than buying ramps? I also looked under the car and couldn't see anywhere that looked suitable to me for a jack point under the car. Where do you guys jack the car up from/ how do you get it up high up enough to get a floor jack under when you have a full kit on the car?

Thanks, Derek

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
If your car is low... Take out your sissor jack from your trunk and right behind your front tires there is a piece of metal about 3 inches that sits right inside of your sideskirt. ---- thats what it shoud look like. haha But just rise your sissor jack up until you can get a normal jack up under the front end. There is a knob looking thing on your front radiator core support that sticks down that is your front jacking point, its kinda offset to the driverside its not in the center.

RonJ

Banned
^^^That works too. I put my stands in those spots after lifting the front or rear with a jack.

dmm26

WOW! That was fast!

I think I would have a problem going at it from the side(s) cause the side skirts are pretty low and I don't want to crack them. But I think I'll try the scissor jack and then floor jack method.

Thanks for the replies! I'll have to remember to take some pics of my car and post 'em up!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might even be able to use the jack still if you drive over a piece of wood.

ever since i've owned my car i've done what honda suggested and i've jacked up my car at the points they recommend and now the welds and pulling apart and my floor is kinda...not together anymore