Where is the jack!?

CamelNo.9

Hey all, it's been a few months since I've been on but I have a question. I have a flat tire and I need to change it out. I bought my '04 EP3 used, and it didn't come with a manual, nor does it appear to include any sort of jack or toolkit. I am certain it came with such equipment; the previous owner probably lost it or, for whatever reason, failed to pass it on when he sold the car, just like with the manual.

If the jack/toolkit is supposed to just chill with the donut under the trunk floor, then I know I don't have one. Otherwise, where else might it be hiding on teh car? I checked under the hood, under the rear seats, and pretty much under every sort of plastic panel I could pry off.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its under the car but you have to jack the car up in order to get to it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It is NOT under your car. Lowlife is spreading misinformation (don't do it again.) It is as Chris said: in your trunk near the spare. Some times it's lodged in all the way at the front of the trunk (towards the taillights.) Feel around to see if you can feel anything metal in that area.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Such big words......

OP, you dont have a jack and jack stands? It might be a wise investment now that you cant find your OEM jack. They can be had for pretty cheap from a local auto parts store. Given that it is a Civic, you dont need a heavy duty jack, a 2 ton will work just fine.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What they said^

I simply just went to the Junkyard for my jack, and it was OEM & Cheap. $10 Bucks

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a small 2 ton jack with a pair of jackstands is like 50 bux at walmart...

Last edited by a moderator:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t I thought they could be had for closer to 35.