Where to buy nice rims?

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
I want to get some new rims right now im running on stock ones in my hatchback.

And.. Do you guys think white wheels are worth buying? since my car is black i was going to just put white rims on but I've heard they would get really dirty and chip ;/

Thanks

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
of course they can get drity, not because they;re white, but because it right on the ground and next to the brakes.

Do you have a picture of your stock wheels? some oem wheels looks nice which if you like enough you'll never have to go aftermarket.

Worth buying? that's really all up to you, i would put white wheels on my car, i see why not.

any wheel can get chipped, that really all depends on what type of paint/clear coat is on them.

if your looking for just any wheels i would start off by doing google searches. If you know the make and model of a wheel that your interested in, look for resellers, or contact the manufacture directly.

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
heres the pic of my rims

well i really like white rims, and my moms friend is going to take me somewhere to get them, I was gonna go look at like a pepboys or something, or is that a bad choice?

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
or even like a gray kinda color

I hate chrome rims so yeah. im trying to find a good scheme for my car
I was just going to do black on black

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not a complete bad idea, i mean, they're functional, they'll do the job. Wheels is a world of it's own. i personally would just drive around with what you got, i would do further research. think of it as the shoes you wear on your feet. your car looks nice btw.

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
not a complete bad idea, i mean, they're functional, they'll do the job. Wheels is a world of it's own. i personally would just drive around with what you got, i would do further research. think of it as the shoes you wear on your feet. your car looks nice btw.
true true, thanks for the help ima just do research go to stores check s**t out and whatnot, and yeah thanks :D Idk what else I want to add to it, it kinda looks plain :p and stocky

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tires.com best prices, free shipping and if you buy wheels and tires together, they mount and balance them for free.

just dont buy the free replacement, or the road force balancing and youll save 100 bucks.

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
tires.com best prices, free shipping and if you buy wheels and tires together, they mount and balance them for free.

just dont buy the free replacement, or the road force balancing and youll save 100 bucks.
i dont really like the choises from there

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Here is a nice set of wheels...

I say if your on a tight budget drop your car, ditch the hub caps, clean your steelies and rock with it...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, wheels used to be the BIG THING! Now it is IMO a drop de-badge, de-rice, tint, lip kit, engine swap or upgrade THEN rims lol...

AE Motoring

5+ Year Member
i would go with suspension first, aint nothing wrong with rockin steelies, lol i have rocked them in my days many times, but me personally my main rule is suspension first, cant ride around in a stock height car

blacksn0w

5+ Year Member
i was going to do the steeles idea but then i tried taking off my cover and the nut got stuck in the socket...

i was like f**k this.

WaLLeYeMan

VTEC POWA JAYDEEMMMM YO!
5+ Year Member
I rock steelies right now but have a set of 17s, rota c10s sitting in the garage right now. Cant ride on 17s when pot holes exist at every corner. I'm also looking for a good place to buy some new wheels. Been researching but havent really found anything i really like. Might just end up picking up some SI's or gsr blades. I'd recommend you do the same if youre on a budget too or check craigslist, sometimes you can find some good stuff there locally.