Where were you 9 years ago?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Today marks the 9th anniversary of the attacks on the towers. I've heard talk from people saying, "We just need to let it go, stop dwelling on it." That day, while I was sitting in my 6th grade History in Baltimore MD, hearing the panic, the teachers screaming, the kids beside me crying because they, like me, knew someone working in those towers. Coming home and watching the news non-stop, watching the people jump from the building. It changed my life. I joined the Marine Corps Jan 2009 because of that day. I wanted to get back at them for what they did to my family, my friends, and myself....

So, where were you nine years ago?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mrs. knights 6th grade english class.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was a freshman in high school. Principal came over the intercom and told us what happened. Kids that wanted to go home could. I think I left. I went home, watched the news, and was in shock at watching the tape of the planes hitting the towers over and over.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was in the 5th grade

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was in 6th grade, theater class, and I remember coming up to my next class (not sure what it was) and it was on the TV in the room and we watched it like all class... I think they made an announcement over the speaker also.

I also went to football practice that day and that was all we talked about.. I don't think a lot of us understood fully the tragedy of it, being only in 6th grade..

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My roommates woke me up and told me what was happening.....Sat on the couch and did Bong hits while watching the news....:mrgreen:

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Wow. We're all pretty young. I was just leaving Social Studies in 6th grade when some girl from my class busted in and said "I think we're at war! They're blowing stuff up!" We chalked it up to her being crazy, but sure as s**t an hour later in the lunchroom it was all over TV. I think the rest of the day we just watched it and discussed it. Some of us went home. Others were typical young kids and it took quite a while for it to sink in as to what it was.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was on the toilet doing my usual morning routine before going to school. Had a little radio going to catch the news broadcast for the weather and they started broadcasting what was happening. I didn't think much till of it till I witnessed the 2nd plane hitting the other tower.

Then I knew this wasn't some sorta accident, that's when my dad goes, "We might be going to war." At school in every class, we watched he news. Talked about what was happening and all that.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mr. Sullivan's class in 7th grade. The way he described it was "it was unreal, it was like watching a f**king video game."

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
9 years already? Wow. I was in middle school at the time. I think it was my health class and we just watched the news practically the whole day. Quite shocking and unbelievable.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
god yall are just kids. i was already graduated and working in south alabama with my dad. i went to pick up lunch from this really little bbq joint. they had the tv on and i was like omg wtf is goin on.

squaddie77

I was stationed at Hurlburt Fielld, Fl, i was in our squadron's break room watching tv. I watched the second plane hit the tower, they locked the base down no one could come on and no one could leave because our base was the Headquarters for Special Ops. Eight days later i was on a C5 to the desert. Life would never be the same again.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
god yall are just kids. i was already graduated and working in south alabama with my dad. i went to pick up lunch from this really little bbq joint. they had the tv on and i was like omg wtf is goin on.

SketchyyySi

w00t, sold me 88 hatch :)
I was in Ms. St. Denis' third grade class. I didn't really understand what was on going. I got picked up early and my soccer tournament was cancelled for that weekend. Sad day. R.I.P

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was in Mrs. Houston's 3rd grade class. They didn't even tell us what happened at school I watched it happened at my grandmas and thought it was like a building demolition. I had been in a car wreck three days prior and my mom was still in the hospital so I was more worried about her than what I had thought was a building demolition.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was in my 1st grade english class....... they turned it on tv we watched it, my mom picked me up from school because we have a family member in the marines they may of had to go there for some reason, the magnitude of the attack never hit me, being that I was only 6 almost 7, I understand better now but never really got the panic like everyone else did, I didn't know anyone in the towers, to me it just happened and we're still at war because of it and everyday I wonder if it will ever end...