Where were you 9 years ago?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was in my 1st grade english class....... they turned it on tv we watched it, my mom picked me up from school because we have a family member in the marines they may of had to go there for some reason, the magnitude of the attack never hit me, being that I was only 6 almost 7, I understand better now but never really got the panic like everyone else did, I didn't know anyone in the towers, to me it just happened and we're still at war because of it and everyday I wonder if it will ever end...
1st grade?! holy s**t...

scares me that kids these days are growing up in a "war". i find it awkward

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn, youre in 10th grade....thats a youngin.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was in my 7th grade class watching the news...

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1st grade?! holy s**t...

scares me that kids these days are growing up in a "war". i find it awkward
Yeah, it doesn't bother me, because it's not a world war, at least not yet.

Damn, youre in 10th grade....thats a youngin.
I'm in 11th.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we were all sitting in front of the tv in mr. dallmans 2nd grade i think
he was looking for the "video" channel and he stopped on the news channel and i saw the cameraman running away from the crashing building and looking back with the camera
teacher paused on the channel for a moment then kept going
i only realized what i saw like 5 years later

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm sorry dude but if you were in 1st grade in September of 2001, then you would be in 10th grade in September of 2010. Your numbers are off somewhere.
maybe hes super-dooper smart...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn a lot of people are young here. I know I'm not much older than you guys but 6th grade vs. 9th grade seems like a big difference to me.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was in 6th grade I believe watched the tv all day at school...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn I didnt watch s**t on tv at school. I guess here in Jersey they were scared of being sued by pussy parents.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7th grade History. I didnt realize what was going on at the time when I heard the teacher talking about it. I thought it was like a history lesson or something at first.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
My roommates woke me up and told me what was happening.....Sat on the couch and did Bong hits while watching the news....:mrgreen:
ditto, minus the roommate. i woke up for class, turned on the tv to check the weather, and this was going on... i was 20 years old when it happened.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I work the night shift, so when all that went down, i was DEAD asleep. f**k you terrorist!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
9th grade History Class. Mr. Wolfson.

I find it amazing that we can remember exactly where we were and what we were doing. Talk about devastation. The terrorists definitely accomplished there mission that day.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
i know its alil late but i wanna share my 9/11 experience. i was in the Army when 9/11 happened. when i look back, i found somethings to be very strange. anywho..

that morning i had a physical training test. they test u on push ups, sit ups and a 2 mile run. i think i ran the fastest 2 miles i ever ran. 13:58. when i went back to the barracks and turned on my computer and get on AOL and right on the front page was pics of one of the towers with smoke. i blew it off as another failed terrorist attack. someone banged on my door and told me to get down stairs FAST. my dumbass took my sweet time. this whole time i was thinking it was another failed attack, no big deal. i get down stairs and my 1st Sargent informed us that we were under attack and we needed to get our gear on. this next part sucks..i was posted at the dining facility for 6 hours to check everyones id card that came in. i saw th 2nd tower come down on tv when i was having breakfast. ill never forget that day. Whats funny about the whole thing is that we were suppose to go on a training exercise on the 12th. we NEVER go out to the the field in the middle of the week. we had monday off, and that tuesday was suppose to be an easy day. in fact i was gonna go get my windows tinted on my car that day.

well after guard i was told to go pack cus we were going to deploy that night. i was really scared and nervous. i hadnt been to war yet. the closest i got to it was the 2 tours i had in korea. when i get to where our trucks were, it was madness. since we were packed up for the field, not war, we had to unpack everything and repack. wrap everything in bubble wrap, weigh the trucks because we were leaving that night. well we didnt deploy that night. but my unit did deploy a month later. in that month we trained our ass off. 9/11 lasted 3 months for me. constantly on guard duty, not allowed off base. that day i woke up at 5am and got off the following day at 3am.

9/11 really brings out a lot of emotion in me. it was a life changing experience. i remember sometimes thinking about all those people dieing and i would become overwhelmed with emotion. the army wasnt fun anymore after that. i deployed twice to iraq. on the bright side..im a veteran now and im going to school. i got A LOT OF PUSSY after 9/11 too lol.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was in the first grade. :lol:
I was just about to go to school when this happened. Surprisingly, I remember every part of it. I remember the 2nd plane hitting, and I was watching CNN with my mom in the living room. She was making me breakfast, and I was just in shock watching TV. I don't think I was too aware of what was happening, but today, I defiantly know. I remember watching the towers collapse and watching people jump out of the towers onto the ground. Dust and debris was everywhere, and people were covered with it.. cars, buildings, people.. you name it.. it was covered.

CDubs

Registered VIP
in 4th grade ( i believe, i feel dumb not remembering) but i was visiting my mom in the hospital that day when i saw them go down on live tv, i came home later with my dad and my town was a ghost town, every available firefighter got called down to help, all the fire trucks in all the surrounding towns where going down too, i was able to see them all leaving and heading down the highway from the window of my moms hospital room