which amp to get???

hispanicboi

5+ Year Member
alright im installing a new stereo system in my car since my last one got stolen...but im not sure what to go with. this time im trying to customize my sub enclosure and just puttin it in my trunk where my spare goes. so im just going with 1 12inch pioneer sub http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17387 but im not to sure which amp to go for. u guys recommend any??? i have a couple in mind but i want to noe which ones i can rely on best. thanks.

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well sense it is only 400 rms u probably want a amp that is at least 400 rms if not 500 to be save but don't turn the amp up all the way of corse cause that would be bad lol........i would suggest Jenson amps i have had 5 or 6 of them used and installed in cars and they do great let me know what u think

hispanicboi

5+ Year Member
thats cool....thanks. i was gonna go with kenwood, heard it was pretty good for its price too or go with a mtx amp. i just wana make sure that im gettin the most out of my subs because the last ones i had werent gettin enough power. it sounded ok but it could of been alot better. by the way does the jensen keep pretty cool or does it easily heat up??? thanks.

DFlannery

5+ Year Member
Kenwoods usually have good noise and distortion ratings. Just my 2 cents.

00Civ1c

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm rockin' a pair of Kenwoods, they can really tear it up if you have the right subs.

///AMii