Which Brand?

Wheelman06

Long story short, i just bought an EP3 Si. I only have 200$ to spend. I want to lower the stance of the car but not totally ruin the ride. Ive looked at the Megan lowering springs, the Tein Stechs, and the Skunk 2 Coilover sleeves... Lookin for around a 1.75 to 2.0 inch drop... just for now til i can afford true coil overs... help if you can. thanx guys!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You are much better off just waiting until you can afford true coilovers. WIthout replacing the stock shocks with aftermarket shocks, you may blow the stock ones before you have the money for coilovers. Put the money aside for the coilovers, that way you are already $200 closer.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they say patience is a virtue and i tend to agree do it rite the first time or don't do it you ar merely $700 dollars away from a good set full coil overs.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree. You could either wait and save up ~$700 more for a good set of coilovers. Or you could spend $200 now, another ~$60-90 for an alignment, ~$500 for replacement shocks, and then the $900 for the same coilovers. You pick.

Wheelman06

Thanx for the input guys, I guess I should wait... But ridin high has never been my thing... I hope I have the patience...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is no way that you can safely and effectively do it for $200. There won't even be a semblance of quality for that money. Wait and save up.

CivicRyDa

5+ Year Member
save up and just go for the coils it would be a waste to buy springs then and switch to coils.

DJEarthQuake

is real and not fake!
5+ Year Member
Good advice. I am not going to replace my coils again until they fall apart from rust. I like to take her in the snow.

XxCivic98xX

5+ Year Member
I agree. You could either wait and save up ~$700 more for a good set of coilovers. Or you could spend $200 now, another ~$60-90 for an alignment, ~$500 for replacement shocks, and then the $900 for the same coilovers. You pick.
:word: