Which coilovers are good for me?????

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speedy is completely right. I have no idea what shop looked at your car, but it is suspension 101 to get an alignment EVERY time you do anything. Suspension 101 as in the basic of basics. FFS, they teach that in highschool shop class don't they?

Just because a shop throws parts at a car doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are talking about. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. It is making the rounds pretty quickly that Megan and Blox are garbage. Not a personal opinion because I have never tried them nor will I after hearing all the bad reviews over the last couple of years. Same thing with Skunk2, they seem to be getting worse and worse. Function/Form is hit or miss. There are lots that claim to be fine with them and there are others that are showing/telling that they are junk.

Just because you ran a brand and it was fine doesn't mean that the high percentage of them are not junk. Hell, even a few Ford Pintos are still on the road running like tops, that doesn't mean that 98% of the rest of them weren't absolute garbage.

Take it as you will.

SpdkilzEX

SpdkilzEX
all i said is i HAVE used them and i liked them i did mountain runs and autocross every weekend and i never had an issue its all personal opinion i do believe there are better out there but if he is not racing i really do not see why they would be such a bad product i used them and liked them thats all i was saying he wanted opinions on what to get i said what i thought, yes i could have got more into detail but he just wants them to fix his car and lower it a little more. and i never said that you did not have to align EVERY car i just said MINE it did not have to be done. and my mechanic is very good and very well known or my car would never even go into the parking lot. i am VERY picky who it goes to and we were both surprised it did not have to be aligned. every case is different and everyone wants something different just state your opinions and leave it at that there was absolutely no need to say my mechanic or myself do not know what were doing. if you actually knew me an my car you wouldnt be saying that crap

Speedy is completely right. I have no idea what shop looked at your car, but it is suspension 101 to get an alignment EVERY time you do anything. Suspension 101 as in the basic of basics. FFS, they teach that in highschool shop class don't they?

Just because a shop throws parts at a car doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are talking about. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. It is making the rounds pretty quickly that Megan and Blox are garbage. Not a personal opinion because I have never tried them nor will I after hearing all the bad reviews over the last couple of years. Same thing with Skunk2, they seem to be getting worse and worse. Function/Form is hit or miss. There are lots that claim to be fine with them and there are others that are showing/telling that they are junk.

Just because you ran a brand and it was fine doesn't mean that the high percentage of them are not junk. Hell, even a few Ford Pintos are still on the road running like tops, that doesn't mean that 98% of the rest of them weren't absolute garbage.

Take it as you will.