Which Intake for My Setup, Yes I was doing some searching already

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
I am in the process of purchasing a B18c1 that will be run basically stock for the first year and then boosted later on. I'm aiming for the 450 - 500 whp mark or there abouts and was wondering what intake I should go with. I currently am running a Skunk2 pro series intake on my D series and I'm happy with it, just thought I would do a little more research before I purchase one for the new motor. My options (if my searching has done be justice) are as follows

1. Skunk2 Pro Series Intake roughly 250
2. Edelbrock Performer X Intake
3. Edelbrcok Victor X Intake roughly 400 (I think this is the same as the JG manifold)
4. Blox Inake Manifold roughly 200
5. Golden Eagle Turbo Intake manifold roughly 850
6. Venom Turbo Intake Manifold roughly 625
7. Peak Performance Intake Manifold
8. I know there are a few more a buddy of mine had one on his B20 can't remember the name of it

Anyways there are lots of options out there, and I've done some searching about them and basically ther eare to main styles; those with long intake runners and those with short intake runners, and from what i can gather the longer runners like on the skunk2 and the edelbrock performer are better for mid to high rpm, and the shorter like on the venom and victor x are better for higher rpm. I also thought I remebered that the shorter runners were better for boost applications but I cant' find anything to confirm it.

Another thing to consider is that it is going in a 95 Honda Civic coupe and I was wondering if there was any fitment issues. I'm pretty sure they are very close or exactly the same engine bays between my car and a 97 GSR.

I've looked at other peoples setups and did a lot of reading on the common intakes and it really seems to be split down the middle. So I'm just looking for some people's personal opinions. Just looking for some more input. So please drop your .02 in my thread.

Thanks
-TAG

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
There is also the Endyn one which I'm sure will be quite expensive, I'm researching it now to see some specs and information on it.

-TAG

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're gonna turbo just save the $$

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
if you're gonna turbo just save the $$
???

I'm going to turbo and the intake will be staying on the car, I'm just looking for something that will be on the boosted set up that will give me some mild gains before it gets boosted. I'm looking between the golden eagle/venom style now and the victor x

-TAG

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
unless u are building a all out race car,, where every little point is taken into consideration!!

then most of the inexpensive intake manifolds u have posted will work just fine!!

me personally i love the Victor X. the up side to this manifold is the big tube design and the fact that there are about 5-6 vacume ports on the back/bottom of the manifold!!

so u can damn near run a seperate vacume for all the turbo items like gate, fuelpressure regulator, BOV etc!!

i see a lot of people having to run vacume blocks with the other manifolds like Type R, Blox and even the Skunk2.

here are a few cars that we have that run Victor Xs with B motors (B16,b18c1 and a B18c5) Akk the heads are the same externaly and in shape and clearance.

B16 in a Integra

Ls Vtec w/B16 head in a EG hatch

LsVtec w/GSR head in a EG hatch

GSR in My EK hatch

hope that helps paint a picture!!

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
That's awesome do you have any knowledge of the venom or golden eagle manifold? I am currently torn between the victor x and the style of the GE and Venom

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

-TAG

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's awesome do you have any knowledge of the venom or golden eagle manifold? I am currently torn between the victor x and the style of the GE and Venom

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

-TAG
to tell you the truth , i never really looked into them as an option on my build ( just because of the lack of people that i personally knew that were running them to get enough feedback)...

i was in a situation where i caould not take a loss on an/any tiem that would not work or would not have the gains to back up the high pricetag.

so i just stuck with what was Pruven to work. i know a few people that made well over 700whp on a Victor X.. has to count for something .

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
to tell you the truth , i never really looked into them as an option on my build ( just because of the lack of people that i personally knew that were running them to get enough feedback)...

i was in a situation where i caould not take a loss on an/any tiem that would not work or would not have the gains to back up the high pricetag.

so i just stuck with what was Pruven to work. i know a few people that made well over 700whp on a Victor X.. has to count for something .
I was told on another forum that the GE manifolds were for big power only, and that they were only truly effective over 500 whp. But I can't really find much to back that up.

-TAG

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was told on another forum that the GE manifolds were for big power only, and that they were only truly effective over 500 whp. But I can't really find much to back that up.

-TAG
my car was built for high HP #'s.. but i used to drive it DAILY on 10psi.. never had a issue!!

and it made 381whp@ 10psi.. so im just telling u things what i have experienced, not earsay!

it was on a STOCK bore and sleeve GSR (81mm)
9:1 CP pistons
Eagle rods
GSR head with crower valvetrain (stock port) CTR cams
stock crank
Victor X manifold with a 70mm BBK Throttle Body
on a chipped ECU with eCtune and a GM 3 bar
F-R ramhorn turbo manifold
tial 40mm gate
T67ho turbo .70/.82

fairly simple and standard STREET set up..never seemed to hurt at low boost and street dirving
drove the same @10psi as it did @20psi (just more or less tirespin)