Which lowering springs to get!??!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have two choicecs. I would like someone to confirm that my information I have gathered IS accurate

Tein S-Tech Spring Set - 1.4" F / 1.3" R

Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set - 1.5" F / 1.1" R

Now I was going to hold out to wait for some nice *** coilovers to come out, but it is going to be a long while before I can afford a coilover system that cost in the thousands. In the man time, I can get either one of these for pretty cheap, so I figure why not... it's less than $200 shipped for either.

My question is, what do you guys think is the better purchase? I like how the front would be dropped on the eibachs and the rear not AS much as the front. I also like the quality I hear about from teins, but I saw somewhere here that had pics of the tein s-techs installed with two grown adults sitting in the back the rear sat lower than the front, i dont like that, but i doubt i'll actually have people in the back seat.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would go with the eibach.....Both brands are nice and you wont have complaints about either but I think your car will look better with the eibachs because you car will be dropped more in the relative to the rear so it will give your car that "dipped" look from from to back and that look MUCH better IMO than a flat loot...go I suggest the eibach...ohh, ya, and the eibach should be a better ride.....Teins tend springs tend to be stiffer

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have had my Eibach Sportlines for 2 years now and i love them... great ride even on stock shocks... we'll see how much better it is when i install my agx 8)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i was kind of leaning towards the eibachs... we'll see still waiting on money, just wanted to get some opinions and see what people think, keep em coming guys !

thanks jeff and mchinehead

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
yeah, i was kind of leaning towards the eibachs... we'll see still waiting on money, just wanted to get some opinions and see what people think, keep em coming guys !

thanks jeff and mchinehead
any time dan..cant wait to see it lowered

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try and keep in mind what i view as the most important aspect of lowering springs... MAKING THE CAR MORE FUN TO DRIVE!!!! When i had s-tech, i was so disappointed with how plushy they rode... cornering was nearly as sloppy as stock!! Additionally, i was my experience that s-techs often do give that "boat" look even without people in the back sometimes... dont get me wrong tein products are top notch, but i think they need to sell a more high performance spring without needing to go to full coilovers.
I would go with the eibach, but see if you can dig of sportlines and not the pro-kit. The spring rates on the pro kit are just a little higher then s-techs... Also, i think the sportlines have a nicer looking drop then either that you mentioned,

** RATES: your car is too new for me to find them, these are for the 6th gen, but it gives you an idea of each model of spring's rates in comparison with the others.
-Eibach Sportline:310F/275R
-Eibach Pro-kit:290F/190R
-Tein S-tech: 235F/140R
-Stock Si: 201F/99.8R

snaker

The Snake Awaits You
5+ Year Member
I had the Eibach sportlines on my 02 altima. They made a huge difference. I did bottom out on things alot though. If you care about going in driveways & scraping your underside go with the pro-kit. If that's not important to you, get the sportlines. Both will give you better handling without totally stiffening up the ride quality.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
MAKING THE CAR MORE FUN TO DRIVE!!!!
number 1 goal :thumbs up

all go no show said:
The spring rates on the pro kit are just a little higher then s-techs...
i like the sounds of that to be honest with you...

i would consider the sportline, but for the fg civic, they are 1.1" front / 1.2" rear drop ... that s**t turns me off mayne lol

i'm really startin to learn toward the pro-kit though

here is a pic (courtesy member on fgcoupe.com) of an 8th gen droppd on s-techs

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^ thats a good drop......prokit would look even betterr

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so wait, for this application, the sportline is less of a drop then pro-kit? I guess do the prokit then?

civfrk102

Top Speed 138 MPH for now
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tein s-tech's ride like a dream. I'd go with them. My girls car had eibach's on it and then we switched them to teins and they ride sooooooo much better. I'd go with them. Just my opinion.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civfrk102 said:
Tein s-tech's ride like a dream. I'd go with them. My girls car had eibach's on it and then we switched them to teins and they ride sooooooo much better. I'd go with them. Just my opinion.
Thats true if by riding better, you are referring to plushy ass handling... screw s techs

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i think what i will do is try to find out the spring rates for the 8th gen s-techs and pro kit.. i'll go with whoever has stiffer spring rates

thanks again for everyone's input =)

chinoiswok

Wrench The Kid
5+ Year Member
i love H & R Springs, thats just wut i prefer. My bros Friends got it on his S2k, for autocrossing. that shits toight.my previous civic had H & R's loved it.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chinoiswok said:
i love H & R Springs, thats just wut i prefer. My bros Friends got it on his S2k, for autocrossing. that shits toight.my previous civic had H & R's loved it.
H&R is nice, i thikn they came out with springs for the 8th gen civic, i'll have to check into those .. perhaps weigh options yet again lol

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have neuspeed come out with springs for your car yet Dan?...those will give you the best handling

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are both good yet i wouldn't get either...:no:
ateast 2inch in the front..so i would prolly go with eibach sportlines?

btw stechs used to offer 1.9 and 1.7 f/r respectively..and Htech gave the drop that u described...
maybe u got them switched up?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
they are both good yet i wouldn't get either...:no:
ateast 2inch in the front..so i would prolly go with eibach sportlines?

btw stechs used to offer 1.9 and 1.7 f/r respectively..and Htech gave the drop that u described...
maybe u got them switched up?
straight off of optionsauto.com (of course they could be wwrong, but then that would make them look stupid and i'm sure they get info before posting it on their website

TEIN High.Tech Spring Kit for Honda Civic SI 2006
-.8 Inch Drop (FR) & -.7 Inch Drop (RR)
----
TEIN - S.Tech Spring Kit, for Honda Civic SI 06-UP
- 1.4 Inch Drop (F) & 1.3 Inch Drop (R)
----
Eibach (Pro Kit) Lowering Springs, 1 Inch Drop (FR) & 1.1 (RR), Fits Honda Civic 06-Up

as far as where i pulled that pro kit, that was from www.tirerack.com - - - http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Civic+SI+Coupe&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=&brand=all
Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set Note: Avg low 1.5"F 1.1"R

guess i'll have to check w/eibach on that one

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
straight from the eibach website

Code:
SPORTLINE KIT 	1.4 in 	1.4 in 		4.3140
PRO-KIT 	1.0 in 	1.2 in 		4031.140