which rear speakers?

92civic

Spunky
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the pioneer 2 way speaker in the front 6.5
im planning to get some 6.5 for the rear since my car is a dx it has no hole, i guess i have to cut it, what do you guys suggest for cutting the dash? and the speakers im planning to get is from bestbuy but i don't know what to get i looking for bass(mids and lows) i currently have a gift card from bestbuy for $75, i want a 6.5 speaker that would give me fair mid and lows since i want bass w/o the hassle of a sub(budget) what speakers do you recommend me to get from this link willing to spend no more then $100

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat03076&type=category&navLevel=5&navHistory=cat00000+cat03000+cat03064+cat03072

92civic

Spunky
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i knoe but i have nothing to buy from bestnuy so i thougt i would buy speakers

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a couple of sony 220w 3way..they are pretty cool about 100 or so!!! =)

4dooronthefloor

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a dx and i cut 6 by 9 holes in the rear deck and lined it with dynamat but i want the highs to come through strong cause i have 2 10s in the trunk.Anyways what im getting at is if ur gonna cut holes in the back might as well do 6 by 9, they make little boxes for 6 by 9s that will make em hit like mini subs!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... I don't like 6x9s, personally... 6.5s would be better, imo.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... but they'll sound better than 6x9s.

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yah i was saying it as a bad thing....better things cost more!!

92civic

Spunky
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could come one please give me some ideas of which speakers to choose planning to get them asap...thanks abd for the cutting the speaker mount is already there under the carpet dash, they are 6.5, but all i need to cut are the carpet dash, that toold should i use to cut that?... thanks

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm not sure what you should get.. but I know where you should get it.. http://www.crutchfield.com/ ..good prices.. 2 day shipping! (yes.. it really only takes 2 days)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... dude... why don't you go take a listen to some speakers? Asking us won't do much, 'cuz everyone has different listening preferences.

lazy butt alex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say..get 6x9..=0)..u will love em..te hard work is just..u gota cut a hole....but they sound so much better then 6.5

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... 6x9s sound like ass in comparison to 6.5s.. unless you don't want to get woofers ever then you'll be like.. "Cool! bass!"

yick.